Chapter 8 (Edited)

I had to keep myself from reaching out and taking his hand. Right now, he was the only thing that I had trusted. I didn't trust this weird lady, that lived in the forest. My heart pounded in my chest, when I followed her into the cabin. I slowed down, letting Raphael walk in front of me. I didn't want to be near that creepy old lady.

"Come, come, don't be shy," she said, opening the door of the cabin. She glanced back at us, grinning. "Make yourselves at home." She turned back to the door and walked right in, not giving us a second glance.

I followed Raphael into the cabin and turned around when the door slammed shut with a thud. I didn't know if should be scared or not, so I glanced at Raphael to see that he was calm. Easy there, I thought. Everything will be all right. I started to glance around, frowning slightly. I hope. She had this huge pot in the middle of the whole cabin, and she had different types of herbs and other... stuff on all sides of the room, hanging off of the walls. On one side of the wall, there was a wooden work bench, tools hanging from the wall. On the other wall, there was a little makeshift bed, and that made me think that she lived there.

"Now, what shall we use?" she asked, walking around the room, looking at the herbs and other... stuff. She had pulled me of my thoughts, and I watched her, curious on what she was making. "Hmmm, Eye of a Newt? Oh yes, we should use that. Maybe we should some hair of a rat, also." She started to throw stuff into a pot, moving around quickly, for an old woman. She kept muttering different ingredients underneath her breath. Each ingredient that she said, she placed it into the pot, stirring it every so often.

"Ummm, what are you trying to do?" I asked. "Hey!" I exclaimed, wincing because she had swatted me in the back of my legs with her cane. "That hurt." I winced, again, because she had hit me with her cane.

"Shush," she scowled me. "I'm trying to think." She held her cane threatening me, before she went back to work.

I huffed and folded my arms around my chest. I didn't like to be punished, and my legs were hurting from where she had hit me. Stupid lady, I thought, staying silent and letting her work. When she was done, she looked at me, cocking her head. "Well?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I am done," she said. She handed me a box. "This is what you will use to help out with whatever you need. But, be warned, whatever you wish for, you will have to live with that decision. If you wish a lot of money, then you have live with that. Do you understand that?"

I hesitated, looking at the box, before I looked at her. "What is this supposed to do, again?" I asked, holding the box in one hand. I was confused. I didn't know why I had a box in my hand. I mean, what was I supposed to do with it? Knock some sense into my father? I didn't think a box would help out with that.

"Well, to help with whatever you are going through," she replied. "Now, come on, and get it over with. I don't have a lot of daylight." She frowned, tapping her foot impatiently. "So, chop chop."

I looked at the box again, frowning. I was turning up blank, and I didn't know why I needed it in the first place. Again, I looked up at her, to see that she was still looking at me impatiently. "Now, what do I say?"

"I wish... whatever you want," Zila sad. "Maybe you should wish on something about your parents and their relationship with each other?" She raised an eyebrow, looking at me with her brown eyes. "Wouldn't that be a good idea?"

I scoffed and shook my head. I did wish they were not going to be divorced, but I didn't think that this box would actually work. I glared, gritting my teeth together. "I wish, huh?" I asked, bitterly. I rolled my eyes, playing with the box. "I wish that my parents weren't getting a divorce and that it was like old times."

The box opened and started to glow. There was a small wind, making everything start to fly off the shelves. Raphael moved around me, and covered me from the fallen objects. I couldn't help but move closer to him, clutching the box tightly in my grasp.

The last thing I heard, before I heard only the sound of the wind howling around us, was Zila yelling 'Be careful what you wish for'. After that, everything turned black.