Chapter 14 (Edited)

"I-I can't take this anymore," he stuttered, staggering into the room. He looked at me, before going over to his bed. "This has taken too much pressure on me. I can't live with the pressure anymore." He stumbled around, as the boat moved on the waves.

He kept muttering inaudible words, while he moved with the boat, slamming against the walls and then the bed, making me jump a little.

"Can't take what, Dad?" I asked, going wide eyed. My heart started to pound with fear, not knowing what he was planning on doing. I was petrified, and I didn't know if I could do anything to help the man that was my rock.

"Anything." He went to his bag and went through it, going into a secret compartment that got passed security. I had no idea how he had made it, but it was a little surprising when I saw that he had a gun in it. "I can't take anything anymore. It's all too much."

"Dad," I gasped. I jumped out of the bed, falling on the floor with a loud thud. I backed, away from him and got into a corner, even though I knew that was not a good place to be in. He could actually kill me there. "W-w-what are you doing with that gun?"

Cold sweat started to drip down my forehead and back, as my nerves started to take over. I couldn't breathe, because I think I was starting to have a panic attack. My hands were shaking, and I couldn't seem to stop them.

He looked at me, wide eyed, as if he was seeing me for the very first time. Tears streamed down his eyes, and he cleared his throat "I'm sorry," he whispered. With that, he raised the gun to his head and shot himself in the head.

Blood gushed out of his head and onto the wall behind him. He fell with a loud thud, and I knew that people had heard it. However, I don't think I could hear a thing, and everything after that seemed to happen in slow motion.

***

Tears streamed down my face, as I ran over to his fallen body. I could see blood pouring out of his wound, and I saw his lifeless gray eyes, staring at nothing over his glasses. "No!" I screamed, as loud as I can, hoping that he would wake up. "Dad?" I whimpered, touching his face. It felt cold, as the warmth of his body started to go away. "Daddy?"

I laid my head on his chest, knowing that whatever I wanted to do, was useless. I knew that he was dead, and there was no way to revive him. I wanted to hear his heartbeat, but there was nothing in his chest. There was no sound whatsoever. I felt empty on the inside, and I knew that there would be no way that my heart would heal.

"Don't leave me?" I asked in a whisper. Tears streamed down my face, as I burrowed my face in his shirt, clutching it. "Please stay with me." My voice croaked while I was speaking, and I knew at that moment, that I wanted to die. My light, my rock, the person that I turned to was dead, lying on the floor and not going to waken, to see me graduate or do anything daddy and daughters do together.

There was a long bang as the door was busted down. I didn't flinch, because I didn't care anymore. People came into the room, making the small room seem smaller. I looked up at them, but I didn't lift my head from my fallen father. I could see that some had guns and then others didn't, looking around.

"Take her away," a man barked. He pointed at me, a frown on his face. There was this look of accusing in his eyes, that I didn't even know why. I hadn't done anything wrong.

Someone grabbed me, roughly, by the arm, and I lost it. I started to attack, trying to get away from him. Fear had gripped it's way into my heart, and I didn't know what would happen to me. "No!" I screamed, horrified. Again, I tried to get away from the guy that held me, but he was too strong, and I knew that his hold was going to leave a bruise. So, I hung my head down in defeat. "Please," I begged. I croaked out, knowing that it would be hard to hear me. "He's my dad." I sniffled and let the man start to lead me away from the room. Two more tears fell out of my eyes. "Please."

There was this jingling sound, as if it was a bell. I looked up and spotted the box glowing. I knew that if things would be different, I would be making a smart-ass comment, but I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted my dad alive. "I get it," I said to it, watching the box glow a small bit brighter. "I understand."

"Understand what?" the male barked, trying to drag me away from the room.

I held onto the door with all my might, knowing that I had to stay in the room for it to work. I ignored the man and closed my eyes shut, praying that it would work. I knew that I couldn't live without my dad. "I-I wish that everything was back to normal. I wish my dad was still alive. I don't care if my parents are going to get a divorce. I want my dad, alive and smiling at me."

The box jingled again and then the lid opened. There was this blinding light, that could be seen miles and miles away from it. I wasn't interested in that, because I had to worry about now.

I moved my hands in front of my face and covered it. I had done this before everything turned black. I didn't know what had happened, but I hoped that my father would be safe.

He was the only thing that I really cared about. He was my father, so I had to.