Chapter 4

A/N: Haiiii sorry about that long break! I had exams like crazy and work so I've mostly been sleeping and working 😂 anywhooooooo here's the next chapter!

I knock on the door with one of the presents in my hand. Cars were lined all along the street and their driveway. Their house was covered in Christmas lights. After no one answered for a minute, I ring the doorbell. Come on, it's fucking freezing out here.

Finally, the door opened, revealing Sarah laughing. Her blue eyes caught mine before her smile disappeared. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a hard tone.

I just smile and say, "For the party, of course."

"You're not invited." She snapped.

"Relax, Sarah. I just wanted to drop a gift off for you two. I don't want anything with Max anymore." I explain and she just glared at me. With a sigh, I hand her the bigger present that I was holding.

I had another one for Max specially.

She grabbed it and opened the bag up. Her blue eyes finally lifted up from the bag and at me. "Is this a joke?" Sarah asked. Before I could answer, someone called for Sarah. She looked back and said, "It's no one-"

Max rounded the corner and his face paled. Did he think I wasn't going through with my word? "Why are you here?" Max asked and Sarah looked at Max a little shocked.

"Christmas present." I reply and motion towards the gift Sarah was holding.

Max glanced over and sighed. "Let's talk inside. It's cold out here." Sarah muttered which shocked Max. She gave me a dirty look before walking inside.

Max glanced at me and whispered, "Go home, Jason." I grin and take off my boots, closing the door. I step closer to him and he tensed up.

With ease, I slide his present into his pocket and smirk. "I think you'll like it." I head inside and see everyone chatting away.

Sarah was smiling and laughing with the bag in her hand. I walk over and they stopped. "Sarah, can I talk to you for a second?" I quiz.

She glanced back at the people before sighing and walking with me to a different area. "Okay, what do you want? Why are you here?" She asked immediately.

Licking my lips, I sigh softly. "I want to apologize for my actions. I know it's late and you don't forgive me but you both deserve an apology from me. I want to make things right." I whisper.

Sarah was quiet before she took a deep breath. "Our relationship was nearly destroyed because of you." I avoid her eyes and lick my lips. She huffed. "You can stay for the party but that's it." With that, she walked away.

A smirk came on my face and I walk over to pour myself a drink. Drinking the wine glass filled with champagne, I smile softly as my eyes watched the party goers. I finally got something that can and will destroy their marriage for good. Not make them fight for a few weeks and they are together again but permanent. You could see how happy I was about this whole thing. What could be a better Christmas gift?

The room was filled with people in coats, dresses, regular clothes, heavy clothing. My back rested on the wall as my eyes watched Max talk to the guests. I lick my lips in a bit devious way, ready to ruin their marriage. I just can't wait for it.

***

I was smoking outside in the backyard on the patio when everyone left. I drop the cigarette and smash it before heading back inside. When I walked back out to the living room, all I hear is music and some giggling. I see Max and Sarah dancing happily, so I stayed out of sight. They swayed on the floor before he dipped her, causing her to laugh. "Max, we have to clean." She laughed, spinning into his arms.