Chapter 12

A/N: sup playeerrssss I wanted to get one more chapter out before school starts for me! PIC IS DAMIEN!!

Also I read all comments posted XD. I love seeing your guys reactions! And thank you guys so much for the support, it means so much to me.

I went on my business trip without talking to Max. He didn't try to contact me so I figured why should I?

I cross my legs and look out the window. I've been in California for almost a week. They made it impossible for me to cut it short. Luckily, it was already Thursday and I had the whole day off. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were packed with meetings, interviews, cases, and building plans. Tomorrow would be the finalizations for the moment. I wouldn't have to come if some dumbass didn't send the wrong report and put the wrong numbers in.

I sigh and light a cigarette, smoking. Running a hand through my hair, I sigh again. And when I get back, I'm going to have to deal with the whole cheating situation. I blew the smoke out and tap the ashes off, leaving the cigarette in the ash tray. I get up and head out.

Being in that hotel room was suffocating.

I pull my sunglasses down and walk to the beach. I walked along the shore line, watching families, teens, and kids run pass me. I stopped and looked at the water.

Damien and I used to do so many beach dates. He would always drag me out and we always end up in the water before we went home. I shove my hands into my pockets and continue to walk a bit more before I heard my name.

"JASON!"

I turn around to see Damien running over with a surf board. "Hey." I reply, pulling my sunglasses off.

He was wet from head to toe. His hair was stuck to his face a bit so he pushed it back with a smile.

"I didn't expect to see you back here so soon." Damien said, a bit breathless.

A frown came on my face and I put my sunglasses on my head. "Not like I came willing. I'm here for work again." I explain. I furrow my eyebrows looking at Damien's hair.

Wasn't it black last time?

He gave me a cheeky smirk before saying, "Dyed it brown a month ago and grew it out." I nod my head, not really interested. "So, did you think on it?" Damien asked.

"On what?" I retort.

"Us getting back together. I'm still willing to move to New York." He said, grabbing my arm.

I lick my lips and run a hand through my hair. "Damien, I told you-"

"Is there someone else?" I went quiet and avoid his eyes.

"Yes. I love him." I whisper.

"How long?"

"A year."

"Damn . . . Still, wanna go and catch up a bit? There's this new café . . . " I look at him a bit before licking my lips.

"Damien, nothing's gonna happen between us. We already went down-" I stop mid-sentence.

"Jason?" Damien questioned and I look at him. He never cared if I was dating someone before.

I reach out and slide one hand slowly up his shoulder and around his neck. I lean in and kiss his lips gently before pulling back slowly. "Do you care?" I ask in a whisper.

Damien smirked and caught my lips again in a hard but quick kiss. "I don't give a damn about him."

***