Chapter 16: Fear

POV: Falcon

I have never known fear. I was not afraid when I turn 10 and a men had my mother and me on gun point. I knew my father would safe us and he did. I was not afraid when I hold a real gun for the first time. I knew the gun would be my protector and my companion. I was not afraid when I took my first victim life. It was kill or be killed.

I have never known fear. But today fear has introduce it self in to my life. Fear walk into my life the moment my Little Paradise open the car door. The moment our eyes meet when she close the door locking us in this death trap. Fear consume each of my blood cells as she walked towards the screaming man. Fear over run me completely when this piece of metal drive forward leaving her behind.

No matter how many times I shot or bang on this dam windows I was trap in. With no escape out of this cage. With no possibility of been near her to protect her and to hold her. For the first time in my 28 years of life I have feel fear. Fear, a thing I didn't even know existed. At least not in me.

In this agonizing moments a quote that an older biker told me years ago comes to mind. "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not absence of fear." The biker said it was said by Mark Twain. He said one day I would understand this quote. At the time I only laughed and said "I will never know fear, fear will know me." How wrong was I. How truly wrong I was.

With so much desperation and anguish I bang with all my force on the window once again. Nothing happen to that dam window of hell. The only thing I gain from it was to draw out blood from my knuckles.

"Come on man you need to calm down." Brute put a hand on my shoulder as a way of comfort.

"Calm down! How? We left her there with a bunch of men with guns! Tell me how!" I shrugged Brute hand off my shoulder as fear consume me once again.

"We need to trust she knows what she is doing." My father looked at me from his spot at the driver seat.

"She doesn't know what she is doing! Who in their right mind gets down of a bulletproof car when is surrounded my men with guns! Not only that she went with out the bulletproof vest!" I was screaming not because I was mad at her but because I am afraid for her.

"Someone who has always protected her family and will always protect them. Someone who has everything to loose. Someone who would put everyone before her. Someone who doesn't care for her life but the life of the people around her." Butcher whispered as he looked ahead not once looking at us.

I could see Butcher reflection on the windshield. I guess I was not the only one who is feeling fear for her. By the expression of fear and pain on Butcher face.

"What do you mean she has everything to loose?" I questioned Butcher.

"If she had walk out with the vest on they could assume she would attack. In that case they would open fire on her. Yes, the car is bulletproof but it would have not survived a car crash. As you saw we were surrounded by at least a dozen of trucks and cars. She made a easy get away for us with no trouble. And the most important if they had seen our vest they would know we are from the Phantoms Soul Club. That would have giving away her sister location. Those girls are her everything." Brute and I just stared at Butcher trying to figure out how he knows all this. But everything he said made sense.

"So what do we do?" Brute asked my father and Butcher.

"Nothing, we wait for this cage to stop and then we see from there." My father said as he lean his head back on the seat and close his eyes.

I hate that I was so powerless to help her but what can I do if this dam metal will not let us out. I hate that I am feeling fear and don't know what to do with it or how to control it. All I could do is close my eyes and sleep. Hopefully when I once again open them my Little Paradise would be in front of my eyes.

3 hours later

I have been awake for the last hour hoping this dam thing to stop but it hasn't. I have run thousands of scenarios in my head of what horrible thing Sadie can be going through in this moment. I pray to god that she is safe. I would do anything to be there instead of her.

The slowing down of the car pulled me out of my thoughts. I hit Brute in the stomach and kicked the two front seat to wake them up. All three of them jumped up and glared at me but all I did is point to the front were a house is. It was not a common house though. The house looks made out of only mirrors from the outside. The mirrors make the lonely house blend in to the deserted land. As the car near the house the once close door start to open making room for the car to pass through.

As the car pass through the open door we can see there is nothing but more mirrors or so we thought. Once inside and right in the middle of the house the car door opens and the windows roll down. I led out a happy sigh of finally been able to get out and go find my Little Paradise.

The moment the four of us touch the ground mirrors started to flip and men pour out of them each with a gun point at us. Thankfully we have gather our weapons before we got out of the car. The four of us pointed our guns at them we knew we are out number but this would not be the first time we have and this would not be the last time we are.

"Lower your weapons or we will shoot!" A tall dark skin men shouted from one of the turned mirrors.

"Fuck you! You lower your weapons!" Butcher shouted over his shoulder toward the dark skin men.

I could see Brute ready to shout if giving the signal. Brute has always been ready to take action even when they don't ask him to. Everyone in the room seem ready to shoot each other. The tension in the room can almost set a fire. It was as if this was the moment were men and boys are divided. We all were ready to take each other out or at least take as many as we can before we meet our maker.

Saying one last prayer to all the gods. Turned to the rest of my family we each nodding knowing what to do. Also saying in silence that we will see each other at the end of the shoot out or in the other life. I prayed for them to survived but I was realist and at least one of us will die or all of us. Even in this moment I still not have fear of dying or fear at all. All my fear is and will always be in loosing my Little Paradise.

Taking a breath I was ready to shoot when the angelic voice of my girl broke the tension between our groups.

"What the hell are you doing! I can't leave any of you for a few hours before starting a shoot out!"