Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Just the person I want to talk to." My brows arched when I heard what Gwen said to me. Wala talaga akong balak pansinin siya pero mukhang kulang siya ngayon sa pansin. Nasakto pa kasi na lumabas ako ng opisina ko, at saka naman siya pumasok.

"What do you want?" I want to be calm. I try to be calm. But the sudden grin on her face made me fist me hand. Pwede bang ngayon lang tanggalan ko ng isang piraso yang mga ngipin niya?

"Taking from the tone of your voice, Trei already told you about me, am I right?" I took a deep breath. Pansin ko na din ang tingin ng ibang mga empleyado sa aming dalawa.

"What do you want? " I asked through gritted teeth. Her face looked amused and I suddenly had the urge to slap it away. She drank from her frappe.

"I want to talk to you about Trei."

"You mean about my husband?" Her lips lifted on one side.

"Yes. If I may." I took a deep breath and motioned for her to come with me inside my office.

She was looking around my office and her eyes stopped on the photos that was framed on top of my console table. My eyes followed her as she walked towards it. It was the photo from when Trei proposed to me and the wedding. She stared at it for a minute before she decided to look at me again.

"Hindi na ako magpapaligoy-ligoy pa." Naglakad na siya papunta sa harap ko at tinitigan ako sa mata bago nagsalita. "Trei was offered to have is specialization in surgery. I don't want you getting in his way."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because the offer is not in this country. He was offered to study at a university abroad." My lips parted. Wala akong narinig mula kay Trei na binigyan siya ng ganong klaseng offer. "Tumanggi na siya ng isang beses, ayaw ko na sayangin nanaman niya ang pagkakataon na to."

Hindi ako naka-imik. I don't know what to say because I have no idea what she was saying.

"This is a big opportunity for him." I looked at her and she held my gaze. "Like I said, I don't want you getting in the way." Was the last thing she said before she walked out of my office.

I looked at the photos on the table. Napa buntong hininga ako. Parang lately, wala akong alam sa mga nangyayari sa buhay ni Trei. Like what happened last week. I found out that he was supposed to go to a doctor's seminar for three days in Davao, but he didn't and made Andro go instead. Kung hindi dahil sa pagka chismosa ni Naya hindi ko malalaman ang tungkol doon. When I asked Trei about it he just told me that it's not a big deal... na ayaw naman daw talaga niya pumunta.

It's not about the seminar that I'm disappointed about. It's just that he used to tell me everything. Even the small things about his work. Minsan kinukwento pa niya sa akin ang mga na e-encounter niyang pasyente tuwing umuuwi siya. Lately, he's just silent... too silent. Parang palagi siyang may malalim na iniisip. And when I ask if he's alright, he would just smile at me and kiss me. Tapos iibahin niya ang usapan.

Napa angat ang ulo ko nang marinig ang katok mula sa pinto. It's Naya. She's holding a cup of coffee. She walked towards my desk and sat in front of me. Akala ko ibibigay niya sa akin yung kape pero bigla niyang ininuman. Nakita niya yata na nag expect ako dahil biglang tumaas ang isang kilay niya.

"Akin to. Break time ko. Feelingera ka." Napa-iling na lang ako. She was silent for a minute before she asked. "Okay ka lang?"

"Yes." I immediately replied as I nod my head. I don't know if I sound convincing because one of her brows raised again.