Epilogue

"No. Please, God. No." I ran towards their direction... to convince myself that it's not him... but I immediately halted as I saw Trei lying on the bed. His eyes closed and his face pale. I don't recognize the color of his shirt because all I see is the color of his blood. My hands were shaking as I covered my mouth to prevent my sobs.

"Trei." I tried calling him with a trembling voice, but he's not even moving. Mas lalo akong kinabahan kaya pinilit ko na ang katawan ko na gumalaw at lumapit sa kanya. I tried to touch him but I'm afraid I could only make his situation worse.

"What happened here?" Andro asked the nurses with his serious face. The nurse glanced at me before he answered.

"Gun shot wound daw po, Doc." Gun shot? What the hell?!

"We need to bring him to the OR. Call doctor..." I cannot hear them clearly. My mind is clouded with Trei's pale and lifeless face. I noticed Andro glanced at my direction. Then he signalled one of the nurse to approach me.

"Maam Jude, gilid lang po muna tayo." Sabi sa akin ng nurse pero hindi ko maigalaw ang mga paa ko. My eyes are fixed on Trei's face. I glanced at the person who held my shoulder and pulled me away from Trei.

"No. Wait. Trei!" Umiiling na sabi ko habang hinihila ako ni Kuya Demitri palayo.

"Jude! Snap out of it. Hindi ka makakatulong doon." I looked at Kuya Demitri and it made me realize that he's right. I know nothing about saving him and the only thing that I can do is to get out of their way. So I sobbed quietly in the corner as I watch at the nurses and at Andro.

"Mrs Zouwen." I looked at one of the nurses who called me. He approached me with two police in uniform behind him. "Kung pwede ka daw po na makausap ng mga pulis."

I looked at them, confused. Then I looked at Kuya Demitri. I'm really thankful that he's here and that her sister, Mira, came to accompany my cousin. Dahil hindi ko talaga alam ang gagawin ko kung wala siya para samahan ako ngayon.

"Maam, may alam po ba kayo kung bakit binaril ng mother-in-law mo ang asawa mo?" One of the police asked as the other was ready to right on his notes. I think all the blood from my face escaped as I heard the news. "Tinawagan na din po namin ang ama ng biktima upang ipaalam ang nangyari."

"Si S-segunda?"

"Opo, maam. May nakakita po sa kanya na empleyado ng ospital. Binalitaan din po kami ng kasamahan namin na nahuli at na sa presinto na ang suspect sa ngayon."

"H-hindi ko po a-alam." Hindi ako makapag salita ng maayos. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin o sasabihin ko dahil sa sobrang bilis ng mga pangyayari.

"Judea!" We both turned to the guy on the door of the emergency room. It was Trei's father and worry was written all over his face. He immediately ran towards me and held my hand. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Code!" I heard Andro shouting from Trei's bed.

Everything happened so fast as my tears started to fall continuously from my eyes. As I shout and watch them revive Trei's life.

I wanted to be near him.

I wanted to hold him.

Pero pinipigilan nila ako.

Hindi nila ako hinahayaang makalapit.

Bakit ayaw nila akong makalapit?

I don't want to lose him.

This is happening again. Again. The feeling of losing someone you love to death, and feeling so helpless.

Maybe I'm cursed?