Our First Day

Irene's POV

"Yah Irene, let's go. We'll be both late. Aizt, this kid! I'll leave you if you won't hurry up", my mom said.

"Eomma, I'm coming down", I replied. I hurriedly run down before my mom leaves me. I don't want to take the bus and wait another hour just to be in school.

"Just take your sandwich and eat inside the car.", I nodded and took the sandwich.

She started the car and then I seated next to her.

"Honey, what happened to you? You know that I will not wake you up cause you need to be responsible."

"I know mom, I just forget to set the alarm"

"Oh that's new. Wanna share what happened to school yesterday?", I saw that she smirked.

Oh my God, I'm going to kill Wendy when I see her. I rolled my eyes.

"Irene, you know that I love you no matter what and no matter who you are. So if you are a ga---"

"Mom, stop. I'm not gay! okay?"

"Then why do you agreed to date that girl"

Okay that's it. I will plan tonight where to bury Wendy alive.

"I just don't want to embarrassed her in front of the students, eomma."

"Oh well, then what about the other ones that you rejected before. Didn't you reject them in front of everyone? What so special about this girl?"

My mom is driving me crazy with all the questions. She's special of course cause I have a deal with her. Wait, that got me thinking too. Why her? Why didn't I just choose one of the guys that was asking me. Ughh, this is so confusing.

"Well, it's because she just asked me to date her for short time."

"Really? Didn't you find it strange? You know if you really like a person, shouldn't you be with them for like forever?"

"Hmmm, you have a point mom! I don't know maybe she have her reasons." Well, I really don't care. I'm just so excited to be with Bogum again after three months, I thought to myself.

The car stops in front of the school gate.

"Bye Irene. I love you. Enjoy school"

"Bye mom. I love you too. Take care" I hugged her and then step out of the car. When I was on my way to my locker, I heard group of girls talking.

"Is she the girl that confessed to Irene-unnie?", the girl said pointing to a woman standing next to my locker. I looked at her and our eyes met. She's just wearing a simple white shirt and ripped jeans but she's oozing with charisma specially when she smiled at me. Omoo that smile again. Haist, no. Am I even checking her out? No-Irene.

"Yes, I heard her name is Seulgi. "

"Oh my gosh! She's so cool."

"She's so pretty too. Look at her smile. How come I haven't seen her before?"

"Maybe if I confess now, I will still have a chance", said one of the girls.

These girls are ruining my morning. Oh my gosh, desperate bitches. As soon as I faced Seulgi, I clinged on her arms and then asked her, "Why are you here?"

"Cause I want to start my day right by seeing you", I smiled and then give those girls a deadly glare like telling them to back off. Soon they all fly away and I stop clinging on her, why did I even do that? I don't understand myself. Am I still straight? Of course I am. Irene don't be distracted. I felt crazy talking to myself right now.

"So Seulgi, when should we plan out on how to make Bogum jealous?, I saw her smile fades away. But before she could say anything, the bell rings.

"I guess, we'll talk later. I'll see you on lunch time Irene", flashing her killer smile.

When I went to my class, I saw Wendy and hit the back of her head with full force.

"What the hell!", she yelled.

"Why the hell did you tell my mom about Seulgi?"

"Oh Irene-unnie, hmm I didn't say anything to her"

"Do you want one more smack on your head?"

"Of course not. I'm so sorry unnie, I got so excited that's why. What did you guise talked about when you pulled her away yesterday?"

"Changing the subject huh?"

"So what now?"

"Nothing. I just asked her if she's sure with what she feels." I lied. Sorry Wendy but in time I will share it with you, for now it safer if we keep our deal to ourselves.

She was about to ask more question, when our teacher came in. My gosh, save by the teacher.

Currently, I'm taking up Business Management as I want to help my mom in our family business. I was in my sixth grade when my dad passed away due to a heart attack. It was so hard but my mom stayed strong for the both of us. I will be forever grateful to her.

"Hey unnie, look who's waiting for you?"

"Seulgi? How come she knows my room?"

"Should I answer that unnie? Cause she's so whipped for you!"

"Come on, she's waiting for you." She then run towards Seulgi. Sigh

"Hi Seulgi, I'm Wendy, Irene's best friend" Wendy offers her hand and Seulgi accepted it.

"Oh hi Wendy! Nice meeting you and what a beautiful name", she smiled

What a flirt, this girl!

"Seulgi should we go now?", I irritatingly told her.

"Of course, I even cooked lunch for the both of us". She's so sweet I can't even hide that I'm blushing.

"Ahemm...ahemm unnie, don't you forget that I'm still here?", Wendy said. She's teasing me, I know.

"Alright Wendy, Irene and I will go now." Seulgi hold my hand and we ate in one of the tables under the tree.

She gave me one of her lunch boxes where I saw egg rolls. O_O My favorite! I grab one and tasted it.

"Did you really made this Seulgi?"

"Yes, did you like it?" I can see that she's very worried.

"What did you mean I like it, oh my gosh I love it. This is the best egg rolls I've tasted. Even better than my mom. Don't tell her okay?"

"Oh are you going to introduce me with your mom?"

I choked on what she said. "Oh my gosh Irene, are you okay?" She handed me the water. I swear she's going to be the death of me.

"Thank you!", I said.

"So what about your mom?"

"Seulgi can we just talked about Bogum?" I saw her sad face again.

"Sure Irene. Where is he though? I haven't seen him?"

" He's on vacation right now. He'll be back after two weeks. Wait, you know his face?"

"Duh, of course. You guise are one of the most popular couple here before, yah know!"

"Yeah, before he cheated on me." I felt crying again.

"You must really love him right? What a lucky bastard!"

I gave her a killer eye. "What? But don't worry, deal is a deal."

" I will help you since that will make you happy", she said sincerely. Why do my heart felt like in pain? Am I feeling guilty cause I felt like I'm using her. I snap in reality when she talked to me again.

" With that, can I have your number Irene?" We exchange our numbers and then goes back to our classes.

**** Thank you so much for subscribing and supporting my first story. Hope you guise are having a good day!