The Hardest Decision I've Ever Made

Seugi's POV

After sealing the deal off with being a real couple, everything feels like magic. Irene and I spends a lot of time together. I even met her mother. She's so pretty yet so hilarious. We were very lucky cause she accepted our relationship with arms wide open. We also hangout with Wendy and Joy from time to time. We still have our lunch dates as usual and sometimes I dropped her off home. Everything seems to be perfect except for the fact that I'm having a lot of attacks lately.  Even Irene noticed it and was starting to ask me and bug me to go to the doctor. I know I should tell her the truth now but I'm still not ready to break Irene's heart and I think I will never be ready. I was about to drink my medicine when I noticed that it was not in my bag. I search for it and ended up going back to the classroom.

"Is this the one you're looking for?" , Joy said while holding the bottle of my medicine.

"Oh my gosh Joy. Thank you I--- need tha--t for my he--ad ac--he", I defensively told her.

"What do you think of me Seulgi? Do you think I'm that dumb?", she said annoyingly.

"What are you talking about?"

"Dilated Cardiomyopathy, does that sound familiar to you?"

My eyes widen. "I do-n't kno-w w-hat you're tal-king ab-out."

"Just tell me the fucking truth Kang or I'll ask Irene", she yelled.

"No Joy! Please! Irene knows nothing about it", I was so frustated I started crying. Why does she have to know. "Nine months...  I only have nine months left to live"

She gasped and started to cry uncontrollably. She walked closer and hug me.

"There is still hope right?"

"If we will be able to find a heart donor which is very hard. I might have run of time before we can actually find one. Plus the success rate isn't guaranteed."

"That's so unfair.", she's still sobbing.

"I already accepted it Joy. But you know what's killing me right now, it's the fact that I dragged Irene in the middle of it all."

"She deserve to know Seulgi. She might be broken..she might suffer but she has all the right to know what's happening to you."

"I can't Joy. I can't tell her. Everytime I see her smile, hear her laughter. All the time I'm so horrified that those will fade away because of me. I just can't bear it, I might wanna die earlier."

She was just crying. "Joy please, promise me that you'll never tell her. I hold her hand, please I'm begging you. Consider this as my death wish.", I pleaded.

"Yah, what is happening here? Why are the two of you crying?", Irene's voice snapped the both of us. We wiped our tears and faced her.

I looked at Joy. "I....we...", I can't find words to say hoping that Joy won't say anything.

"Seulgi!"

"We're just so happy Irene. We just found out that we got a perfect score in our painting. Remember, me and Seulgi were partners before. I can vividly remember how jealous you were"

Irene blushed at what Joy has mentioned. "Well, it's because I thought you like her. Well, don't change the subject. Are you guise for real? Crying because of that.

"Well, we worked hard on that babe." I wrapped my arms on her waist. "Can't you give me a congratulatoty hug?", she then smiled and hugged me. I was facing Joy this time. I said without a voice. "Thank you."

It's been already a couple of weeks after Joy have found out about my sickness. She's been really caring and understanding. Though, I felt like she's a little bit distancing herself to Irene. Maybe she was feeling guilty or she maybe she was afraid, she might spilled it to her. On the other hand, Irene and I are still in good terms. We even have our date today in Central Park.

"Bo!!!!!!", she laughed so hard when I startled. My Lord, I live for her laughter. "What were you thinking babe?"

"You", I gave her my killer smile.

"Ommoo, I felt like my heart jumps out of my heart because of  how pretty your smile is.", she said.

She holds my hand and started walking. We went to eat ice cream and then visit ajumma. She just told me that she met her when she was looking for me."

"Ajumma how are you?"

"Oh hi Seulgi? and the most beautiful girl in the world?", she smiled.

We both chuckled. "I told you ajumma. Now you see it yourself. Just how great Kang Seulgi is to be chosen by the most beautiful girl in world"

"Stop it Seul. You're the most beautiful, right ajumma?", she's waiting intently for ajumma to agree with her.

"Aigoooo, you're both so in love with each other. Don't forget to invite me in your wedding.  Got it?", we're both flustered with what she said.

"Are you sure,you're still alive during that time ajumma?" Seulgi playfully said while running.

I laughed so hard and followed her. "Yah, you brat! Come back here!"

"You know Seul, I've never been this happy in my entire life. Like just having you around me, makes my life so bright and colorful. Promise me, you won't leave me. I might not be able to survive if I will lose you.", Oh God, why does it have to be like this.

"What if I cheat on you. Will you still be able to say those things?"

"Yah, if you cheat on me, I will never ever forgive you! I'll move on and find someone better!"

"What happened to the I won't be able to survive if I lose you?"

She laughed. "As if you're going to cheat on me. I know how much you love me Seulgi-bear."

"Yes I do." I said.

"And I love you too". We then kissed each other.

I'm going crazy right now. Irene loves me so much and I swear I don't deserve it for being such a coward and selfish bitch. If only, I didn't confess to her and I didn't thought about myself. No matter how happy I am right now, I don't think it's worth it to the future waiting for me and Irene. Being with me, means suffering for her in the future, so I am going to fix it right now. It will hurt for a little while but this is the only way I know how to save her from a life long agony. Gosh, this is the hardest decision I've ever made but for her I will do anything.

Joy, can you please pretend to be my GIRLFRIEND? This is the only way I know to save Irene, so PLEASE" , I kneeled in front of her.

************ With Seulgi's plan....What will happen to Seulrene?