I've Fallen For Her

Irene's POV

Learning the truth about Seulgi's parent got me thinking. It gave me a reason not to continue the deal anymore. I mean Seulgi likes me right? Using her to make Bogum jealous will hurt her in the process. I think I can't do it. I don't want her to go through pain again. She said that she'll be happy if I will be happy. But really? Am I going to be happy knowing that she's not? Wait, why do I care about her so much? And all I can think about is her. Oh my gosh, Irene you're going crazy already.

I was walking my way to my classroom when I saw a familiar figure in front of me. Everything flashes back to me. The bitterness and the happiness when we were still together. It still hurts. I felt like I'll cry in front of him when I noticed him holding hands with Hyeri. I just walked fast and bury my head in my desk.

"Irene?", I didn't lift my head up but I know who's voice is it.

"Are you crying? What happened?", she said with so much concern.

"Come on Irene. Face me. Did you saw him today?". I cried even more.

I lift up my head and saw her worried face.

"It hurts Seulgi.", that's the only thing I manage to say.

She cupped my face and wiped my tears.

"I know Irene. But don't worry. Remember I will help you get him back.", I shaked my head and she looked so surprised with my gesture.

"I want to cut the deal off Seulgi"

"But why?"

"I don't want to hurt you Seul"

"Is it because of my parents? Is it because you felt sorry for me huh?", her voice is so upset.

"Is not what you think"

"Then what? Do you love me?", I can tell in her voice that she's frustrated.

"I--- I do", I said softly

"Like how I love you?"

Oh my goodness. Just kill me now. I can't answer her. Even I don't know. I'm so confused.

"You know what. Just forget it. The deal is that I will date you and in return I will help you with Bogum. So, if you're going to cut the deal then that means we won't be dating anymore!"

"Why do you have to be like that?", I felt like I'm going to cry again. Thinking of not being with her makes me feel so so sad.

"Then so what! You still want to date me? When the truth is that you still want to be with Bogum? I won't sacrifice your happiness for mine Irene."

Okay that's it. I cried again. Why does she have to be like this. Why does she have to be so selfless.

She pulled me into a hug and whispered. " I want you to be happy so the deal is still on. Just trust me." She looked at me and smiled.

"Plus I still want to date you" , she winked at me playfully.

I hit her arm and wiped my tears. "Stupid bear."

Seulgi and I were in our usual lunch date when we saw Bogum sitting on the other table next to us. Seulgi quickly wrap her arms around my waist. I know that she's doing it purposely to make him jealous but I felt like there is something within myself that is already changing. I looked at Bogum and saw his face. With the look, I knew that he is jealous.

Day by day Seulgi continued what she's doing and day by day, it's getting clearer to me what my heart and mind wants.  Tomorrow will be our second month dating each other. She's being super hype, convincing me to celebrate it. At the end, I agreed to her. We decided to go to the central park tomorrow.

When we are about to leave the school, she kissed me on my lips. I was so surprised by the sudden act but her lips on mine felt so right. I responded to her kiss and we both stop when we are almost out of breath. My hearts beats so fast and so loud and my cheeks were so red. I swear, she's going to be the death of me.

I looked at her. "Bogum is there!", she whispered.

I looked at his direction and saw how jealous he was. But right now, to be honest I don't care. All I can think about is her kiss. Seulgi is driving me crazy.

"Seulgi hold my hand and I hold hers tightly." She gave me the sweetest smile and that's it. I realized I've fallen in love with her.

Today is the day Seulgi and I will be going to celebrate our Second Monthsary. I'm so excited to tell her how I feel. I've decided that today, I'll confess my feelings for her. I picked the prettiest dress I have in my closet.

My phone rings with an unkown number flashing on the screen.

"Irene, this is Bogum's mom", she said while crying.

"Auntie, why are you crying?"

"Irene. I know my son have done a horrible thing to you. But can you please come over?  He just keeps on drinking and breaking things here. He keeps on saying he wants you."

"But auntie. I can't", I said.

"Just this once. Please Irene.", she pleaded.

I sighed in defeat., "I'll be there auntie."

"Thank you honey."

Auntie was so good to me when Bogum and I were still together. I just can't say no to her. I don't have any choice but texted Seulgi that I will be late for our date.

**** Will Irene be able to make it to her date with Seulgi?