Hide and Seek

You and Harper looked at each other in a panicked state.

"U-uh give me a moment..." you scrambled. Widening your eyes towards Harper, he didn't help though, instead he just shrugged as he looked for a hiding space. He stood up from the bed and a loud thump arose as he fell to the ground.

"Y/N? I'm gonna come in."

You gritted your teeth together looking back at Harper one last time. You spotted the bed and smiled. You gestured underneath it and he quickly followed your lead. Throwing himself under the bed Terrence opened the door.

"Is everything ok? I heard some weird noises." He muttered, one of his hands behind his back while saying so.

You quickly nodded your head. "Mhm! I just, rolled off the bed, that's all." You scooted to the right, so you could block any view of Harper that Terrance might find.

"Oh....well I wanted to give you something. To make up for that appointment you missed." He reached from behind him and pulled out a small box.

You hesitantly took it from him and opened it. Inside was a wooden, hand-painted kalimba. You looked back up at him with confused eyes.

"I found the kalimba a fun instrument to pick up on to calm myself after my parents died."

You tensed up. Not sure what to say. "Terrance... that's really sweet of you, but-"

Terrance took one of your hands before you could continue. "Don't worry, I can teach you, it's something fun we could do together."

"That's not it." You pulled your hand away. "This doesn't make what you did ok. Or fix anything!"

Terrance's eyes widened, a bit sanded to say the least. You felt a tap on your ankle from under the bed and remembered what Harper said about getting along. You gritted your teeth together as you tried to recollect yourself.

Sighing you went to apologize but Terrance spoke up first. "No... you're right, this doesn't fix anything. But I won't stop trying!" A spark of determination filled his eyes and he clenched his fists together."I'll keep trying till you can hopefully forgive me." He leaned in towards your face which made you retract. He grew disappointed and changed his plan, leaning in for a small kiss on your cheek. His lips left an incredibly faint, tinted cherry mark on your cheek and after that, he went to leave.

After waiting a few moments you bent down to reach Harper under the bed. But after slightly lifting the covers that were draped on the side of the bed. You were met with only a sleeping boy. You sighed as you rolled your eyes. There was no way he had been under there long enough to fall asleep. Unless he has a new level of recklessness you've never seen before. You decided to stand up and sit on your bed. Contemplating the plan that you had made with Harper. You honestly didn't see the harm in staying with Harper and waiting for Terrance's medication to be ready. After you get out of here and explain your situation to the artist you were sure she would understand. If anything she might even feel pity for you and give you a better position. You chuckled at the thought.

Looking behind you you saw the sun start to go down and as much as you didn't want to you thought it best to sleep. You went digging through the dresser in the room and found a smaller pair of black silk pajamas and put them on. They were slightly big on you but nothing too bad. You went into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom and rummaged for a toothbrush and hairbrush that was unused. Thankfully under the sink was a whole basket full of things for you to use. Almost as if someone was preparing to have this restroom be used for a while. A cold sensation went down your back but nonetheless, you finished getting ready and went to sleep. Hoping that your plan would work out well.