Watching you

Closing the door behind you you sighed, you had probably ruined the moment that Terrance had worked hard to put together and you couldn't help but feel a little bad. This feeling of guilt soon ended when you saw Harper shaking his head while he played solitary on the floor. How he got the cards you were unsure of, why he wasn't hiding in the closet and away from Terrance was another thing you were unsure of.

"What?" You asked him, arms crossed as you locked the door.

"All That effort to have a little dance with his beloved and you simply pushed him away, tsk tsk" he smirked, putting his cards away.

"W-what!? Where you listening through the walls or something?" The living room was right next to your room so you wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

"Possibly. That still doesn't change the fact that you broke his little heart." He pouted as if he cared.

"And he's been holding me captive in his own house. I'd say we're even." You looked away and huffed out an annoying sigh.

Ignoring whatever muffled remark he made next you cut him off,  "I'm planning on going to sleep, you can sleep under the bed again tonight if you want." You sluggishly sat on the bed you had claimed and threw off each of your shoes. "Just no funny business, I don't want to wake up next to you again."

Placing his hands against his hurt little heart Haper pouted as he stood up, placing the deck of cards in his back pocket. "No thank you, I already have a much better resting place planned out in my head." He walked into the bathroom then closed the door.

Shrugging off his statement you unzipped your dress now that he wasn't around. Changing into the black pajamas you had worn previously you got into bed. Feeling your hair as you combed through it. He was a very nice dancer you had to give him that. You couldn't switch sides though, not right now, he is the enemy, the antagonist. He almost killed his brother and has you captive here.

Then again he didn't kill him, and he has been letting you roam around the apartment freely. He's also suffering from some disorder, you couldn't hold that against him. Still... he should know wether or not locking someone up in his house was a good or bad thing. You let out an annoyed sigh as you found yourself going back and forth over and over again.

Standing up you went to the restroom which had remained unlocked. Dragging yourself over to the mirror you walked past a sleeping Harper inside the bathtub full of pillows and blankets. Placing your hands down on the sink's counter you studied the tired eyes that stayed on your face. Thursday was in almost three days and you had no idea how much longer you could keep this up.

You took in one long breath as you looked over at Harper. If he was right though, it will all be worth it when you get to the doctors, give Terrance the help he needed then leave, and never come back. Hopefully having him never follow you or bother you again.

So getting back to your bed you threw the covers over your head and just wished to fall asleep as quickly as possible. This however didn't happen till hours later.

Waking up to the sun harshly hitting your face you turned around and to your delight saw no Harper there. You were also glad to get ready for the day in peace, still no sign of Harper. Dashing up to the kitchen now you saw a note on the counter from Terrance.

Going grocery shopping, took the list you gave to me with me :)

-Terrance

The smiley face at the end of note made you in turn, smile. Resting against the back of the counter you felt yourself to be in an oddly calm mood. You wondered what could have caused it in all honestly.

"Exchanging letters with my brother huh?" Mocked a gruff voice.

Your eyes grew annoyed as you realized what was causing your absent feeling of stress.

"No Harper, if you hadn't noticed Terrance has left to go grocery shopping."

"Oh I've noticed for sure." Harper sighed as he kicked the pantry's cabinet door open in search for some food. "Almost got caught today when Terrance walked around the house earlier this morning."

Your eyes widened, "What was he walking around the house for so early in the morning?" Looking at the clock on the oven you saw it was still only 7:30 in the morning.

"You haven't noticed?" Harper raised an eyebrow as he gestured for you to look behind you.

"No???" You looked behind you and noticed nothing out of the ordinary, just the normal living space.

"Top corners of the room." Harper chimed in.

Squinting your eyes together you scanned the top corners and had noticed it. Two cameras has been placed on each corner. The more you looked the more you spotted in various locations.

"W-What? Why?" You inquired, getting nervous now as the thought of Terrance watching you throughout the day was more than unsettling.

"I have no clue, but if you haven't realized that means I'll have to be more careful with where I move around. Thankfully I heard him walking around and was able to leave your room before he placed a camera right in front of your door."

You placed your hands on your chin and grew frustrated, this would make things much harder on the both of you, well, mainly Harper you suppose. This means he'd have to start finding a new place to hide at night. "Why'd he do this?"

"Oh I don't knoooowww, maybe it was cause someone didn't stick to the fucking plan and try to gain his trust."

You raised your face in shock, you would have been at least slightly offended if this hadn't come from Harper.

"What do you mean not sticking to the plan!? What have I done to be proven distrustful?"

"Maybe by possibly rejecting him last night after he prepared a dance and everything for you." He was growing louder and more aggressive in his tone.

His remark made those conflicting feelings from the long night before come back and hit you like a rushing train. Trying your best to shake those feelings off though you clenched your fists now eyeing him up and down. "Even if I did those things that doesn't make me any less trustful, it just makes me a person who just thinks for themselves!"

"I don't even know anymore..." Harper sighed, plopping himself on the counter. "All I know is this is gonna end up being more work for me and not for you."

You were going to defend yourself when the two of you began to hear the keys jiggle in the doorway. Harper raced out the counter, careful to not get into the view of any of the cameras. You followed quickly behind him.

"Wait where are you planning on hiding?"

"The laundry room! It's the only place that a camera isn't watching over."

With that he rushed into the room. The front door shortly opened after and Terrance wore an unsettling smile on his face.

"I'm home, my petal!"