Finally home

Walking out of the medical building, you sighed, not sure if you had made the right decision on leaving Harper. He seemed rather serious though and maybe what you did was for the best? Whatever the case was, you got to home. A smile grew on your face knowing this, oh how you've missed it. You couldn't wait to change into a new outfit. You were going to call that artist. You were going to make some tea. You were going to sleep to that book that's been laying on your bed this past week, left alone. You were going to finally be home.

Turning to your right you started making your way down the most direct route to your house. You noticed a sparkle of water hit your cheek. You blinked in confusion and looked up to where it came from. Out of the sky fell another drop of water, and another, and another. You knew exactly what was happening. Not wanting to get a cold you started sprinting. Hoping to get to your apartment before it fell too hard.

While doing this you weren't mentally prepared for the moment about to come. You had completely forgot about the threat you had escaped from, giving him the perfect opportunity to lunge at you.

Out from an alley you were passing, Terrance leaped out and snatched onto your waist. Your eyes widened at the sudden touch and panic arose in your chest when you felt your chance of going home fade away. You screamed in an attempt to get someone's attention but it was a Thursday night and no one was out on the streets. You squirmed and fought against Terrance but his grip remained the same. A shaky smile grew into his lips while he buried his face into the crook of your neck.

You almost gave up, feeling defeated. You did have one more option, it was a dirty move but you desperately wanted to go home and you felt Terrance more than deserved it at this point. So lifting your leg in the air, you swung it as hard as you could and rammed it into Terrance's groin. He yelped in pain and released you. Falling to the floor of the sidewalk.

You bolted in the opposite direction of Terrance as soon as he did this. Careful not to slip on the now completely wet roads. Not daring to look back.

"AGHHHHHHHHHH." Terrance shrieked into the air. It echoed and rang throughout the streets as tears bursted out of his tear ducts. "PLEAAAAASE." He screamed; sending a shiver down your spine. You slowly turned your run into a walk. "PLEASE STAY WITH ME." He now sobbed. Not even trying to get to you at this point.

His voice was shaky and trembling as tears fell from his eyes, although mixed in with the rain it was hard to notice. "Please stay with me...." he whimpered. "I-I need you y/n."

You stopped completely now and turned to look at him. Feeling safe at the distance the two of you had. "M-my whole life...." he continued, looking at the ground. "I've always been told there was something wrong with me, something terrible. I never had friends because I was told I was too bad for them..."

You eyebrows furrowed as you continued listening to the vulnerable man on the sidewalk. "No one ever paid attention to me until one day...." he jerked his head up to look at you. "One day you gave me a present." He smiled. "I-I liked it, very much." He pushed himself up, wobbling he caught himself on the side of a building. "I need to feel that...I feel empty without it." He began slowly making his way towards you. You didn't register this at first and stayed in your spot.

"The books aren't helping anymore. I need you to complete me y/n." He was now in front of you. He quickly wrapped his hand around your wrist and stared darkly into your eyes. "Let's go home y/n, and be toget-

"She's not going anywhere with you." Harper interrupted, snatching Terrance's free hand, yanking him away from you. In Harper's other hand he held a prescription bag.

Terrance's eyes widened, as he was for sure he couldn't win a match against Harper in his current state. His mouth gaped open, trying to find the right words to dispute with his older brother.