I want you to want me

Putting the last piece of your dog puzzle together you smiled triumphantly. You didn't get much work done on it yesterday since Terrance got home. You had basically stayed in your room the rest of the night, not wanting to confront Terrance again. It was well into the morning for the next day however and seeing as Terrance had left the building you had plenty of free time to relax and mess around wherever you'd like. Looking at a silver clock on the wall you noticed how it was almost the afternoon. Within a few hours you'd be able to leave this place to pick up Terrance's medicine. Knowing this made most of your day seem far less stressful than the others.

Minding your own business on the kitchen table you grew in shock as Harper went out from the hallway and up to you. Being in plain view of the cameras?

"W-What are you doing? Aren't you afraid Terrance will see you?" You gasped.

Harper shrugged, "the thing is that even if Terrance does see me it'll probably take him awhile to get back here and when he does finally get here, we'll already be off to get the medicine." He now took a seat next to you. "And that is if he sees me."

You nodded your head and settled down a bit. Harper looked over at the dog that laid on the table. "Nice puzzle."

"Thank you." You beamed.

Harper got a little more silent and his aura was a little more serious now. "What happened yesterday?" He turned to look at you. "I just remember hearing a lot of commotion and then you ran into your room." He stopped, placing your hand in his. "Did he do something to you?"

You sat there silently for a moment. Trying to figure out how to word what you were thinking. "He just said some unsettling things..." you peeped, just barely making a noise.

Harper laughed at this. "That sounds like him. Don't worry he says a lot of weird things he doesn't really mean when he's in his...hm." Harper thought about how to word it. "Other state." Calming himself down from the laughter he looked at you. "What did he tell you?"

You breathed in and began to tell Harper all the things Terrance said he wanted to do with you, and how he tried so desperately to keep you in his arms. Harper seemed to listen to it almost emotionlessly. Once you were done Harper seemed to get bigger to you for some odd reason. "What did you think about all that?"

"I-

You cut yourself off. Contemplating once again how you should word everything. "I think maybe if he hadn't been so....passionate about it, maybe I wouldn't be as scared as I was the day bef-

Harper grabber your arms firmly, looking at you intensely he spoke softly and firmly. "If he ever makes you scared. Just yell out my name."

His firm grip on your arms was starting to get a bit too firm and you moved around in discomfort. "I don't care if he finds out about me. I can deal with that. I just don't want you sca-

He stopped himself in his words. His eyes widened in realization of what he almost said. Standing up he let go of you and without excusing himself he walked off into the hallway before he could accidentally release some of the....emotions he's had towards you these past two days.

Blinking in confusion you stood up, pushing your chair out you went to follow him. Down the hall and noticed his bedroom door, which was once closed before, was now opened slightly. Peering in you saw Harper, gripping his hair in his hands while he sat on the edge of his bed.

Slowly approaching the man you kneeled beside him. "Hey Harper are you ok?" You put your hand on his arm, trying to look into his eyes but he avoided your gaze while he looked at the ground. "What happened?"