XIX

M

M

To make up for the incident that happened days ago, I was meeting up with Olympia once again. She had asked me earlier this morning if I wanted to continue looking for a dress as I never found one on our previous outing.

We would also make time to find Damien a gift since we were interrupted last time. Spending that morning with Olympia, I had many questions on my mind, all of which related to her outburst a few days ago.

It was worrying.

The way her face turned pale white was unnatural and her fear was tangible. I wondered what she saw that made her react in such a way.

Damien's explanation was vague and I knew he knew more about why she reacted like that, he just wasn't willing to tell me. I understood that to a degree, whatever made his sister act like that must've been a sensitive subject and it was only right for me to hear the full story from the one most affected by it.

I would often steal glances at Olympia, seeing how calm and collected she was now in comparison to what I'd last seen of her.

It was a great contrast.

We moved from store to store, accompanied by more security detail. I didn't really question it but a part of me felt something was up. Even without Olympia's security, it was more than enough. Why did we have more?

When we shopped, instead of waiting outside like they usually would, Ragi and Mario followed us into each and every boutique. Their presence wasn't ignored as they would trail behind us from a distance and I could tell it was annoying Olympia.

After finding our dresses of choice for Damien's birthday, Olympia suggested we go find something to eat as we'd been shopping non-stop. I agreed, finding myself hungry despite us not finding Damien a gift yet.

We would find it later as we still had time.

Arriving at a fancy upscale restaurant, we were seated in a small booth section close to the windows. Handing us our menus, we thanked the waiter before turning our attention to the menu to figure out what we wanted to order.

At least I did.

Olympia's gaze flickered over to Ragi and Mario with an eyebrow raised as they stood by our table. Their attention was on the front entrance. "I assure you, we'll be fine. You guys don't have to hover." She spoke up.

"Just doing our job, Miss Olympia." Ragi replied.

She tilted her head slightly, a tight smile on her face. "Well you can do your job two tables down." Nodding her head in the direction she wanted them to go in, she dismissed them quickly.

They shared a reluctant look before ultimately giving in, moving two tables down where they took their seats at a booth that had a view of both the entrance and the fire exits.