Road Trip Prep

When we got home, I immediately began planning what I'd need for the Wisconsin trip. I admittedly didn't need much, but it didn't hurt to have a decent amount of things.

The Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was about 6 hours away by car. It was lengthy, but it was the most convenient option.

I grabbed some snacks, including pretzels, Twinkies, and Goldfish. They weren't filling, I know, but they were delicious, and that was good enough for me!

"Are you sure you have to do this?" Macey asked me as I stuffed snacks into a bag.

"I'm gonna get hungry," I replied.

"No... I mean are you sure you have to go to Wisconsin? To free that kid?"

"Of course I'm sure, Macey!" I said with shock. "That kid really needs to freed like all those other kids!"

"I know... But could he really be causing trouble? You know, besides giving you the occasional nightmare?"

"It's not about whether he's causing trouble," I explained. "It's about whether he's going to be okay! In sure those kids in the other suits weren't happy to be in those suits!"

"They were dead, Mike!"

"So? Maybe ghosts don't know that!"

"Then what's the point?"

"To let them move on! To keep them from living the same thing over and over again!'

She just stared at me and sighed. It looked like she was tearing up.

"It's just..." she said, "I don't want you getting hurt again."

"I won't, Mace!"

"You don't know that!! There could be evil demon robots over there, too!!!"

"Even if there are, I don't plan to be there at night, anyway!"

"You don't PLAN to!"

"Macey, just relax!!"

I didn't mean to shout that loud, but it was the only way to get her to stop talking.

"I'll call you when something happens," I continued calmly. "You can get help from there."

"A person from a different state calling about something in another state? Yeah, that'll work..."

"It's worth a shot!"

She then stood quietly and deeply exhaled.

"Okay," she finally said with a nod. "Do this. Then come straight back!"

"I will. I swear."

I then packed the rest of my things, which was just my phone charger and my iPod.

If I left now, if make it to Freddy Fazbear's by 4 am. The restaurant opens at 8 am. That means I still got time to kill.

"I'll take a nap first," I told her. "Extra energy won't kill me."

She nodded and went to bed herself. She wished me good luck before she shut her lights off. I hoped I wouldn't need too much of it.