XXVII

"It was you, wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Nara.

"You were the one who told him about our dates, right?" by the time Taehyung had left, Eun collected the pieces knowing how her best friend sided up against her.

"Eun, it was for your best," Nara stepped closer to her friend.

"Don't!" she cried, "I trusted you most yet you were standing in the way of my happiness..."

Tears rolled down her face as she continued, "why, Nara, why?! Of all people, why you?"

"Please understand he's not good for you, he'll break your heart."

"Then what are you doing?" she looked at her with so much pain in her eyes, Nara couldn't feel more guilty.

"Is it too much to ask for happiness? Why do you insist on ruining it?!"

"I swear Eun," Nara broke down, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Just take Taehyung and leave Jimin to me!"

"What?" Nara froze, she couldn't decipher her words.

"You think I didn't know you loved him?" Eun glared at her.

"I do not-"

"Stop denying, I know you more than you know yourself," she looked at her friend in disgust, "or so I thought."

Without saying another word, Eun laid on bed and pulled the duvets, sleeping in her outfit while hearing Nara's whimpers behind her. She shut her eyes tightly trying to shut out the sound.

I'm sorry.

-------

He was on cloud nine, couldn't get happier as he walked through the dark alleys. He walked much slower than usual wanting the euphoric feeling to last longer. He didn't notice his phone screen glowing every now and then, it was silent.

Jimin skipped around to his hotel, feeling like a teenager in love, he shook his head, a smile plastered on his face as he walked in, too excited to tell them of his innocent kiss.

He reached their room, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of the door open.

"Guys?" 

He started worrying seeing the lock broken.

"Is he here?!" heavy footsteps came rushing at him, Jungkook appeared suddenly.

He charged at him throwing him to the floor, wrath written all over his face as he held onto the elder's collars pushing him to the floor.

"WHERE WERE YOU?! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE NEEDED YOU MOST?!" he kept screaming at the confused friend of his.

Hoseok ran over and tried to pull Jungkook away using all his force yet the youngest didn't budge.

"Jungkook, calm down!"

"NO HYUNG! HE LEFT US!" he punched him in the face. Jimin grabbed onto his nose in shock.

Alarmed, Hoseok hauled Jungkook off, "calm down!"

"NO! LET ME AT HIM! HE LEFT US! HE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER ANSWERING HIS PHONE!"

By that moment Jungkook was crying, he pounced at the shaken Jimin once more, shaking him by the collar, "WHY?!"

"Why?" he rested his head over Jimin's shoulder, his body slumping.

"Why?" his voice cracked.

Jimin looked up at Hoseok mouthing a 'what happened'.

"Someone broke in and damaged everything, thankfully we were outside," he answered with a frown, "God knows what would have happened if someone had returned earlier," he whispered the last part.

Jimin looked down at Jungkook sobbing, the youngest pushed himself off and stood up. 

"Don't talk to me," he pointed at Jimin who still laid on the floor.

Jimin took time to look around, the room was a mess, their bags opened and rummaged through, the desk lamp fallen off and broken, mirror shards on the floor, a chaos. 

Jimin doubted that all the anger came from the accident alone, yes it must have been scary but was it that terrifying if no one was around? Or was there a reason behind it?

Namjoon walked through the doors, "the owner is going to move our room since the lack of security is their fault."

"Oh hello, Jimin," he looked at the man on the floor, "how are you-"

"Do you know that your nose is bleeding?" he cut himself off.

"Anyway, pack your bags everyone and make sure not to forget a thing," he sighed.

The four men packed their belongings quietly, sulking as they took everything and prepared to move a floor above, the owner was nice enough to give them a slightly bigger room as a token of apology.

Once they had reached and unpacked, Jimin decided that he owed them a sorry.

"I'm sorry," he spoke, "I left you guys for too long, I know."

His head fixed at the floor in shame, "it was our time and I ruined it but-"

His voice wavered, "she leaves in two days and the more I spend with her the more it hurts knowing I am one day closer to probably not seeing her for a long time, if ever."

"I'm sorry I took you guys for granted."

"Hey! But we are for granted!" Hoseok talked back as he laid on his bed, "I mean we'll always be there idiot now heads up and stop this drama. I'm dying to sleep." 

"That's right, Jimin," Namjoon spoke calmly, "we're here for you," 

"Now group hug guys!"

They all gathered around Jungkook who didn't budge, suffocating each other in a massive hug. Namjoon knew they all needed that confirmation, leaning on one another and he wasn't any different. They wanted to ensure they'd be together no matter what as they all were each other's life boat.

"Okay, that's enough, it's getting awkward!" Namjoon said as they all backed away.

Jimin smiled uncontrollably noticing how Jungkook didn't say a word as he sat on his bed, holding his camera preciously.

"Hey," Jimin cooed.

"Go hey your girl." 

"Are you still mad?"

"Of course, I'm mad, you replaced us with a girl for five days! And more!" he whispered harshly.

"No one can replace you guys!" Jimin laughed at the youngest silliness throwing an arm over him.

"Who do you think did this? I doubt it was random, nothing was stolen," Jungkook turned serious in the blink of an eye.

"I -" he suspected Taehyung but no, he wouldn't go that far, "I don't know."

"Do you think it's that guy? Taehyung?" Jungkook looked Jimin in the eye, he knew there was something behind his hesitation.

"I really don't know."

"Well then if it is, then you shouldn't stop meeting her, can't give him what he wants."

Jungkook had no idea how much his words relieved his friend's heart as he genuinely smiled at him,

"Thank you."

---------

A/N

Listen my my baby

I'm flying high up in the sky

(With the two wings that you gave me back then)

I love this line most♡