XXXIV

Ding ding ding ding!

The flight number SE302 heading to Incheon, please proceed to gate number 06.

Ding ding ding ding.

"He's not here yet," she spoke to her friends, the buzzing crowds making it harder for them to hear her.

Travelers pulling along their bags, heavy, small, numerous or plenty of all colours and sizes. People chatting with ease, others rushing to gates. A view Eun grew up watching, her father's countless business trips or her many visits to foreign friends. It all ended the same, sadness at the sudden departure but with a glimpse of hope for the upcoming future, what was beyond the gates to her flight always had adrenaline rushing through her veins.

However, not this time, this time was different. As Eun clutched onto her authentic mini leather purse, worry washed over her soft features as she desperately searched through the faces, fishing for a sight of that one face.

It was sad, pure sadness kept on building inside her like a big bubble waiting to burst. Her brunette friend sighed in utter boredom.

"He's not gonna show up, can we like forget him and move on already?" His deep voice staggered, receiving an arm punch from the other.

"What? We're gonna miss our flight!"

Nara glared at him, "will you be considerate for once?"

"Look who's talking," he tsked.

Last call to flight number SE302 heading to Incheon, please proceed to gate number 06.

"Why did we not take the private jet again if I may ask?"

"We're on business class, what more do you want?"

"To fly private," he pursed his lips, "we got money,"

"Quit whining, it's not like we got you on a boat!"

"Why boat when we got money that buys everything! I-,"

Eun sighed deeply, "money doesn't buy everything," her voice bloomed between the quarreling couple.

They fell quiet, watching her sad features, her glinting eyes losing a bit of hope of him showing up with every second. She pulled on her bag as her friends turned around, ready to catch the flight.

Heading towards the gates, Eun took small strides, she stood behind her friends wanting to be last, dying to have that one last look at the airport.

She checks once, twice, maybe a thrice-.

Hold on, it's either there's an earth crack that got people to split apart or someone might just be-.

"HOLD ONNNN!!"

"DON'T GET ON THAT FLIGHT, EUN!!"

"IT'S GATE 6! GATE 6!"

Numerous voices called as she saw them, stopping in her tracks. Someone was dashing at her, big built, dark brown hair, full marathon speed on but that baby face she knew, Jungkook!

He was the one creating that crack between people, no wonder who wouldn't run from a raging bull. She saw Namjoon a few feet behind him, holding a phone and looking for gate numbers. Hoseok, screaming at the back for them to wait.

Her eyes gleamed but wait- where was he? Her eyebrows dropped again, looking through his friends to make sure she didn't miss any but he wasn't there.

It was until something crashed to her side, no someone did and she knew that smell very well, that sweet sweet lavender.

She hugged back without looking, tightly holding on. Pulling away, he took one last look at her, "you know I wouldn't miss a chance of seeing you,"

"Sorry to break it down to you guys but our flight is leaving, Eun hurry." That deep voice again and Jimin held onto whatever left of him not to punch that guy. He gave him a side glare that Taehyung knew well the meaning behind.

A few more moments together and they had to pull apart. One leaving but looking back every second, the other left behind not moving his eyes off her disappearing figure.

"That a**hole," Hosoek said.

"I know, right?" The youngest spoke, "I told you let me beat him, he wouldn't stand a chance with his Gucci ***."

"Let's leave guys, we have a long way to go," Jimin breathed out, leaving the airport as his friends followed right after.

'I'm so sorry Eun, but please wait for me.'

--------------

She sat on the wide leather chair, looking through the window as the plane was preparing for takeoff.

"You know you can't see him from here," his voice broke into her silence.

"Why are you sitting next to me again?"

"Because I have tissues,"

"Oh please,"

As the flight took off, Eun's stable facade broke down, her bubble finally burst letting it all out, tears streamed down her face continuously as she tried to remain quiet. He handed her the tissues as she pulled one without hesitation.

It wasn't long before she was huddled up in a blanket, her head resting on the window close by and Taehyung's eyes checking up on her every few moments.

"Hey," Nara nudged him, "you gave them the wrong time, didn't you?"

He eyed her for a moment before looking back at the magazine he was holding, "I have no idea what you're talking about," he smirked.

She sighed, "ughh, you're so immature."

"Finally that he's away, she can give me a chance, right?" His eyes pleaded desperately as she didn't reply, "Nara, right?"

"I have no idea, Taehyung."

"But I deserve a chance!" he half whispered, half yelled.

"To be honest," she swallowed the lump in her throat, "many of us do, don't you think?"

The chatter ended slowly as both of them sunk in their seats, gasping for air, both praying that only time can fix everything yet with contradictory beliefs, one of loving and the other of forgetting.

'Why can't it be me?!'