XXX

"Lets talk logic, shall we?" Taehyung sat across Jimin, his caramel hair casting a shadow over his eyes, lashes prominent. He laid his keys and phone on the table, motioning with his other hand to the cashier.

"They don't serve here," Jimin stressed, "it's a help-yourself cafe."

"Oh yeah?" Taehyung smirked at him, "well, they will serve me."

Jimin was a tad surprised when the cashier left his desk to take their orders. The man didn't hesitate to grab a note and pen when he saw the car parked outside. Taking big striding steps towards the table, he spoke,

"Yes, sir how may I help you?"

"I'll take a latte and a creme brulee," he continued nodding his head at Jimin, "and you? You should try the french dessert it's amazing,"

"Bet you have never tried it before."

Jimin gritted his teeth, "I don't want."

"Two creme brulee it is," he smiled at the boy who bowed slightly before leaving.

"See? It all lies in the confidence," Taehyung glanced at the cashier pointing out the special treatment. The other was disgusted by such an act of pride, he didn't know why rich people did that and he often wondered if he were rich too, would he act the same way?

"If you came to threaten me or scare me with your little stunt at my friends then don't bother," Jimin sneered, "I'm not intimidated."

Taehyung chuckled loudly, "no, I came to talk about something more important,"

"So quit buffing up like an animal and listen well."

Jimin tensed at the words, he didn't know what the other man wanted, Eun had a day left, what was so important to say before she leaves or did he perhaps think Jimin would follow?

"Just in time," Taehyung smiled as the boy set down the plates on their table, leaving the two men to talk.

He took a spoonful of his dessert before smiling widely and closing his eyes savoring the melting caramel taste in his mouth.

Jimin only fumed at the act, he wanted to leave but watching how Taehyung was slowly pulling the needle out of his skin was intolerant.

"We're not friends just say what you have or I leave," he said, eyebrow cocking.

Taehyung only smiled slyly, he looked Jimin dead in the eye, "let go,"

"What?"

"I said let go of Eun,"

"Huh," Jimin chuckled, "I won't-" 

"What do you think happens next?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the other man with utter display of innocence, "did you think you'd visit Eun back home, meet her dad and he will welcome your broke useless ass with open arms? Oh no no!"

"Don't tell me you thought you'd have a happy ending?" Taehyung playfully gasped, putting his hand over his mouth, "did you even think of what happens next?"

Jimin's eyes wavered, his lips dropped slightly, he hadn't thought of what to do next. He was just too busy living each day with Eun, getting more and more attached without thinking of the rest, without waking up of that hast dream of his.

He shook his head as tears started forming, focusing his stare at the tall man ahead of him, he growled, "listen here-"

"No, you listen well," Taehyung leaned forward, his glare deadly and cold, "Eun's father is nothing kind, nothing warm but he loves his daughter with his whole heart so don't think you can fool him,"

Jimin opened his mouth to speak but was cut off again,

"And cut the lovers' bullcrap, tell me for real what can you give Eun?"

"What? You will marry her and she will live with you and those fools of friends you got? Or will you both live off instant noodles and packed food til you grow sick and die? Will you even afford a hospital if she grows ill?!"

Jimin felt his breath escape, the room was too tight and all the oxygen in the air couldn't fill his lungs as he imagined all that was said, "I-"

"Do you want to make her suffer with you and those broke asses in the streets? Or will you make her do part-times as well?" Taehyung leaned back into his chair, he looked at Jimin suspiciously, "Or did you actually want to live with her and her father, taking off her money?"

"No! I swear that's not my intention!" Jimin squeaked in desperation, his eyes stung him.

"Tell me Jimin, do you know how much Eun spends per day?" he asked mischievously.

The other shook his head slowly, tears now falling without consent.

"She spends more than you'll ever make even if you work like a cow for your whole life! HA!" Taehyung plopped his head back, rolling it in a circle before looking at him again.

"Leave," his glare turned soft, "come back when you can give her what she needs, come back when you can shake hands with her father confidently,"

"Don't come back til you are good of a rival, Park."

The cafe was dead silent, Jimin looking at his feet, he bit his lips another tear escaping, he brushed it off before getting up slowly and leaving the place.

Taehyung looked down at the plates set in front of him, "oh such a waste," he looked at Jimin's untouched plate before bitterly smiling at himself,

I just want the best for you.

-----

A/N

We're close to the last chapter yo😔✊