XXIX

Three pairs of eyes were set on her as she sat on one of the beds. Her hands fiddling with the plastic water cup in her hand while silence engulfed the room.

Nara had been in that room for almost fifteen minutes, the three men ahead of her glared in a mixture of confusion, suspicion and doubt. The atmosphere was dense as if all air was sucked out. She had a lot to say but contemplated on how to start.

Jungkook stood across the room leaning on the small mirror stand at the corner of the room. The other two stood one by the door on the right and one by the window to her left.

He was getting impatient, wanting to prove himself right, was she behind the attack or was it Taehyung? Whoever it was, he was worried it was just a start.

Nara had never felt that trapped before, she always had the strong aura, confident and honest with people yet going into that room where three broke men stayed. She felt responsible and guilty and she had to make it up.

She took a deep breath, "Firstly, I am sorry if I caused any inconvenience to you guys before," she continued, "if I ever unintentionally belittled you,"

"But I was doing the best for Eun by keeping your friend away."

She looked up, eyes alternating from one to the other, "Eun is more like a sister to me and she's very naive, I had to protect her from dangers, I promised her father."

"What I did was for her best or so I thought," her voice wavered, not believing Eun was still upset at her, "I am sorry."

The two older guys felt relevant, and pitied the state she was in, however, Jungkook had his eyes fixed on her not moving, he didn't want to believe any even if it were true. Those people he despised, were making a big deal out of it.

Those people who looked down on them.

Those people who almost hurt them because they had the upper hand.

Those people who controlled others' lives.

Those rich people.

If they feared for their daughter as much, why not lock her up instead or chain her other than causing conflict for those she chose to be around? 

Those people.

"Was it you or that arrogant guy?" Jungkook spoke rudely. Namjoon and Hoseok looked at him in surprise, shocked at the youngest's sudden spurt.

"I..," Nara was struggling to form words, she didn't want to bring it up, feeling air kicked out of her lungs, her tongue was tied, "I..," 

"Was it you?" he snickered, "trying to scare us away? Does Eun know?"

"No!" she spoke back, "Eun has no idea and she was never part of anything."

"So it was the guy?" he leaned forward.

"He didn't mean to, he was just so mad then," she said, "he saw red, he never meant any harm and you have my word he won't do it again."

She looked at him with pleading eyes,

"Please don't tell Eun."

Namjoon walked closer and patted her back, he understood her and was saddened at her state, "it's okay, you don't have to apologise," he looked at Jungkook anticipating. The youngest looked at Hoseok, getting a nod from him he smiled widely,

"So what favour did you need?"

Nara felt a tug on her lips, a million idea going through her mind all for the happiness of her friend,

"Tomorrow's her last day, I want it special."

"I have money but I can't do it alone," she looked at each, "my capital, your effort."

She stood up, setting the water cup aside,

"What do you say?"

The room fell silent for a second, the three men frowning making Nara doubt herself.

"I say we better start 'cause it will be a lot of work," Hoseok stated taking a step forward, smiling radiantly. She sighed in relief as everyone in the room mirrored his expression.

"LESSGETIT!" Jungkook screamed.

The girl smiled at herself watching the other three gossip about what to do and where, she didn't know what or how or even why but she knew, they were family.

A family she wished to be a part of.