family i wish i had

Once Mike and I got to the park we walked over to the shadiest part, were the Hemmings family set up for the barbeque. I looked for Luke after saying hi to his mom and dad, not to my surprise, I found him at the swings. "Hey babe come swing with me." I chuckled and made my way over to him, letting him pull me onto his lap once I was close enough. "Babe, I have something to tell you. I just found this out today." He nodded and studied me, waiting for me to continue. "I um, my parents said that we are moving to New York, but I told them I wasn't leaving. I said I could stay with my brother or sister, they said they would discuss it with them and let me know." I waited for him to speak as he let the swing lightly sway back and forth. "What will your brother or sister say?" I thought about for a second before I was positive I knew. "They both will say it's ok, especially my sister. She went through this whole daddy's favorite before, she understands my sudden change better then I do." He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Well let's not think about it for right now, let's just enjoy the barbeque then we can handle your parents later." I nodded and held onto the chains as we started swinging higher.

Luke and I played on the play ground till his family told us that the food was ready, now we're all sitting on a giant blanket, eating the food his family made. No surprise that it was all delicious, nothing
compared to what I'm use to. His family was much like him, loud, bubbly, and loving. They accepted me almost immediately, only his little cousins were skeptical, but they warmed up to me soon enough. His family made me question mine, we are nothing like them, the only time we all get together is for a funeral. It's quite sad when you think about, but Liz said I was welcomed in her family, I was the daughter she never had. She showed me what a real mother was.

Half way through eating Luke's other friends, Calum and Ashton, showed up. They brought guests of their own, their girlfriednds if I heard correct. Calum's girlfriend, Scarlet, was from America. She was a head shorter then him, with purple pink shoulder lenghth hair. A curvy figure, and giggly personality. I liked her so far, she was shy, but very sweet. Ashton's girlfriend, Kat, was from Pert. She was a few inches shorter then Ashton, with a slim figure, long black hair, and a shy personality. When we said hi she blushed bright red and alomst hid behind Ashton as she waved. I thought they were cute together, polar opposites, but cute. They joined us and soon I had two more good friends, turns out they were going with us to Perth tomorrow. Kat was using this trip to visit some old friends and Scarlet was going cause Calum begged her to. She origanlly planned on doing a school play but she couldn't say no to Calum's pouty face. I've never seen it but it seems like no one can resist it, hopefully I'll never know the power first hand.

After eating we all cleaned up and put the food away, then we played some footie, which I suck at even though I played it for five years when I was younger. Thankfully I had Luke's brothers on my team, they scored most of the goals. In the end, after an hour or so of playing, my team lost by six goals. It was just me, Ben, Jack, Scarlet, and Ashton, against Luke, Calum, Kat, Michael, and Mali-Koa Calum's sister. They were really good, I say it was unfair, but Luke made sure I stayed quiet by kissing me. It was a nice way of shutting me up. And sadly it all had to end when Luke had to take me home, dinner would be ready soon, which means my mom would be knocking on my door. I better be there to answer it, or I'm screwed.

We said our goodbyes then got in his car and headed for my house, the ride was short but what else do you expect when you don't want to go home. "Well I guess I'll see you tonight, wish me luck?" He smiled sadly at me as he parked one house down to let me out, leaning over the center counsel I gave him a quick kiss, then got out of the car. I walked to the tree outside my window, hoisting my self up to the lowest branch I started to climb up to my window. Once I got inside my bedroom my mom knocked on my door. "Sweety dinner is ready." I looked down at my stomach, knowing I was still full from the barbeque, I sighed and opened the door. Not letting my mom see in my room I followed her downstairs, I sat at my place and waited for my dad to serve himself, then my mother then me. I poured very little and started eating, hoping they wouldn't talk about the trip.

Much to my dismay they did. They kept talking about all the things we would do, as a family, they kept repeating it like I didn't understand the concept. I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled my phone out, hiding it in my lap, and texted my sister about the situation. She replied within seconds, she was once again my guardian angel, I love her. "So uh, I talked to Miranda earlier and she said it was ok for me to stay with her, at least till I finish school and all." They looked at me like I just told them I killed a guy, and was cuddling him every night in bed. "Oh well um, I guess that's a good thing." I nodded and took a bite of food, I have no idea what this crap is on my plate. "I can move my stuff over there tomorrow, I have most my stuff packed, you know just incase I didn't get to stay." They nodded then the house phone rang, who has a house phone anymore, making my dad excuse himself to answer it.

"Who was it hon?" My father walked back into the dinning room and gathered his plate. "It was our boss, he needs us at the main office tonight, said it was important." I watched as they both got up and cleared their place at the table, my night just got better. "Ok sweety you know the main office is in Melburne, so we wont be back for a few days, please be good." I nodded and let my mother kiss my cheek as she grabbed her bag, she had it packed for times like this, same as my dad. "And I don't want the hooligan in my house when I'm not here, I'll call your brother to come stay with you." I nodded and waved bye as they left. I waited thirty minutes before I did anything. Considering they kept coming back saying they forgot something, each time I was sitting on the couch yelling at reruns of 'Charmed'.

Once they stopped coming by and called from the airport, don't get why they fly, to say bye again I called Luke. "I've got the whole house to myself, come over and keep me company?" He said he'd be right over, he sounded like he was tripping over his own feet trying to get out the door.

Not even ten minutes and he was knocking at my door, I walked over to it and pulled it open. What I found was the last thing I wanted at my doorstep.

A/N: DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE DELETED SCENES!!

RANDOM FACT NO ONE CARES ABOUT. I HAVE DIP DYED HAIR, ITS BLUE AND PURPLE. I WANT TO DYE IT A DIFFERENT COLOR.

WHICH COLOR SHOULD I DYE IT?

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF A BANANA, GO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'CLIFFORD ROYLATY' I STILL HAVE PARTS TO FILL IF YOU WANNA BE AN AWESOME PACKLEADER!!!!! RANDOM PICTURE ON THE SIDE, MADE ME SMILE