Morning Kiss

One sunday morning and the sun are seeping on the window. The sound of the alarm clock wake Jennie up, she roam her cat eyes on their room before it lands on the person beside her; a smile escape on her lips.

After a minute, Jennie decided to got up on their bed and prepare for their breakfast. She was humming some songs, reflecting how good her morning is.

She came back to their room after preparing everything. Jennie open their windows before sitting beside her wife. She tap Lisa's arm lightly to wake her up, but after few seconds, Lisa's eyes are still closed. She does it multiple times, until she felt Lisa was just pretending to be asleep. She can't help but to groan in annoyance.

"Lili, wake up! Foods will be cold." she said and was about to leave the bed when Lisa held her hand.

"Wake me up with your kisses." Lisa said with her bedroom voice, eyes still half closed and a bright smile was shown on her lips. This sight makes Jennie weak, she's so adorable and sexy at the same time.

And without second thought, she leans in to give her wife feather kisses on its lips.

Because of that, Jennie wakes up Lisa every morning with her kisses.

Few months after that morning, Jennie came home exhausted. She's tired for working all day. Lisa is a registered surgeon on a well known hospital, while on the other hand Jennie is a registered teacher.

She flop down on the sofa, putting her feet that still wearing a shoe on their coffee table. She decided to take a nap for a while before making a dinner.

Lisa is not yet home. If Jennie was tired, she bet her wife are way more tired than her. She notice Lisa become more busy this past few weeks, but even though she's busy, she still find time to communicate with Jennie and show how much she loves the cat eyed girl. They both find time for each other.

Jennie woke up because of the sun light that hitting her face. It was sunday, and it's her day off.

Her eyes widen when she realized that it's already morning. She turn her head on her side, seeing her wife sleeping peacefully. Jennie sigh in relief, but feel a little bit guilty for not able to make a dinner for her wife and making Lisa carried her all the way to their room. And because of that, Jennie decided to cook Lisa's favourite breakfast and bring it to their bed.

After almost an hour, Jennie came back with tray full of foods in her hand. She found Lisa still sleeping peacefully. She put the tray on the bedside table and went beside Lisa.

Wearing her gummy smile, Jennie poke Lisa's nose and wait for its reaction. When she got nothing, she start tapping Lisa's arm. And getting the same reaction, Jennie shake her head. Thinking that Lisa just want to get her morning kiss.

Leaning in, Jennie plant feather kisses on her wife's lips, but still got nothing. She tried to kiss her again when she suddenly notice something on Lisa's chest— it's not moving.

Panicking, Jennie taps Lisa's cheeks with more pressure while calling her wife's name.

"Lisa? Lisa, oh my god Lisa. Wake up hon!"

With her tremble hand, she put her finger on Lisa's neck trying to find her pulse point and find...

Nothing.

It's not beating anymore.

Jennie's tears left her eyes, she grab her phone and dialed for a rescuer while shaking her wife's shoulder with full force.

"It's not a good Joke! Lili wake up!" Jennie said almost shouting, she shake Lisa all the time until rescuer came.

And with a heart that was beating madly, Jennie patiently waited outside the emergency room.

Eyes full of tears,

And also full of hope.

She got up on her seat when the doctor came out.

But before she can even get near the doctor,

She saw his head moving.

Shaking,

With sad smile on his lips.

"We're sorry, but we found out that the patient had a cardiac attack while she's asleep."

Jennie shakes her head, and ran inside the emergency room. She slap Lisa multiple times, grabbing the collar of her polo; the same polo that Lisa's wearing yesterday, probably forgot to change her clothes last night.

"You idot wake up!"

"Lisa!"

"Please wake up!"

"Lisa-yah!"

She said between sob and slaps on her wife's chest.

"Lili.."

"Hon."

"love,"

She shakes her up, calling her with sweet name, and kiss her hard.

She kissed Lisa hard, trying to give air through their kisses. And also, wishing that in this way...

... Lisa will wake up.

Jennie rest her forehead on her wife's.

Tears flowing like waterfalls, shoulders are shaking, and soft sobs can be heard.

"You said you'll wake up when i kissed you..."

Jennie clench on Lisa's polo, eyes are closed hardly.

"... Please lili, please wake up."

She whispered, wishing Lisa can heard it.

But she knows she'll not.

Because even she kissed Lisa billion times,

It can't change the flat line noise that is coming from the monitor.