3

jinyoung had started to pay closer attention to yugyeom as they walked through the mall together. when they stopped and sat on a bench so yugyeom could put on the bracelet jinyoung had just bought for him, he decided to bring it up.

"why do you keep slouching when you walk? does your back hurt?"

"no i'm okay," yugyeom said quietly, a bit distracted by the bracelet he was trying to tie around his wrist.

"what's wrong?" jinyoung has known yugyeom for years and he knew when something wasn't right just from yugyeom's voice.

"too tall."

"who? you?" yugyeom nodded. "nope. you could be eight feet and you still wouldn't be too tall because you're my big baby."

jinyoung grabbed yugyeom's hand and brought it up to his mouth to kiss. "stand up tall, baby."

they continued walking around, now with yugyeom standing at his full height. to others, it wasn't weird that he was tall; it was just weird that they were gay.

but sometimes when he and jinyoung cuddled or even just walking together, he wished he were shorter than jinyoung. he wanted to be able to fit in his boyfriend's arms a little bit better and be able to cuddle like bambam, yugyeom's best friend, could with his boyfriend jaebeom. the shorter was always always supposed to be held in the taller's arms but yugyeom liked being a little spoon.

but it wasn't as if jinyoung didn't hold him how he wanted to be held. he loved holding yugyeom in his arms because he didn't mind that yugyeom was taller than him. he knew yugyeom was his baby, no matter his height.

they walked around the mall for another hour before going out to jinyoung's car. yugyeom didn't let jinyoung leave right away because he haphazardly climbed into jinyoung lap.

"hello," jinyoung said, grabbing one of yugyeom's hands before looking up at his baby in his lap.

"hi, nyoung." yugyeom scrunched down so he could shove his face into jinyoung's neck. "bambam wants to hang out."

"do you want to?" jinyoung played with yugyeom's hair, softly laughing at the feeling of yugyeom breathing against his neck.

yugyeom nodded but whined because he wanted to stay in jinyoung's arms. jinyoung moved his hand to rub the boys neck and turned his head to kiss the side of his head.

"can we get food and then go see him and jaebum?" yugyeom asked, of course receiving a yes along with another kiss.

"i need you to get out my lap, though." yugyeom reluctantly climbed into the passenger seat and put on his seat belt.

while they ate, yugyeom texted bambam and told him they would be there in 20 minutes and hoped they didn't want to go out to eat.

yugyeom and jinyoung held hands as they walked into bambam's and jaebeom's apartment. yugyeom threw one of their pillows at them when they saw the other couple making out on the couch, bambam on top of jaebeom's lap.

the four didn't do much else but watch movies together for a few hours. bambam and yugyeom both fell asleep around the same time, leaning onto their respective boyfriends.

"kitten," jinyoung heard jaebeom say softly as he whispered to bambam. he didn't bother continuing trying to wake him up and just took him to their bedroom.

"baby boy, wake up for me?" jinyoung sat yugyeom up and rubbed his arm to wake him up. "let's go home, it's late."

yugyeom whined but got up, letting jinyoung pull him off the couch. they said bye to jaebeom before leaving the apartment much to jaebeom's relief because he just wanted to go cuddle with bambam and the three of their cats that were also on their bed.

yugyeom fell asleep in the car on their way home. jinyoung wished he could carry the boy inside but the boy was too much taller than him and was especially heavy when it was just his dead weight.

"baby, let's go inside and sleep where it's warm and comfy," jinyoung suggested, opening yugyeom's car door and undoing his seat belt.

jinyoung got his boyfriend up to the apartment and into the bathroom to brush his teeth before finally letting him collapse onto their bed.

jinyoung huffed before he sat down next to the boy and pulled off his clothes and put his pajama shorts on him.

yugyeom crawled under the blankets and was suddenly perfectly awake as he watched jinyoung get changed.

"nyoungie so pretty. takes care of me. thank you. gyeomie loves nyoungie."

jinyoung couldn't help but let out an "aw" as he climbed into bed next to yugyeom a bit quicker that he had thought he would so he could grab the younger's cheeks and give him a few kisses.

"nyoung loves gyeomie," jinyoung whispered before he got up to turn off the lights and turn on yugyeom's night light.