19

jinyoung dreaded waking up because he had to go talk to his family. but when he saw yugyeom's beautiful sleeping face, he only felt happiness.

instead of waking yugyeom up, he laid there and watched the boy sleep. he couldn't help but reach out and touch him jaw, smiling as he did because of the way yugyeom scrunched up his nose a bit before relaxing his face and staying asleep.

the boy had cried more after they ate the night before so jinyoung wasn't surprised that he was so tired. he wanted to let him sleep as long as he wanted so he got out of bed and made sure all their stuff was ready for when they had to check out of the hotel at noon.

yugyeom woke up when jinyoung laid back down and started rubbing his arm to slowly get him to wake up.

"hey, baby boy, how'd you sleep?" jinyoung asked, moving his hand to yugyeom's cheek to rub it with his thumb. the streak of a dried tear showed that he had been crying, along with his fully eyes and lips.

"fine, i guess." he hadn't slept very well and jinyoung could tell by his answer. his dreams, or nightmares, were all about jinyoung breaking up with him because of his family and it felt so very real.

"you sure? you look pretty sleepy, baby."

"it's okay. i'll nap when we get home." jinyoung, even though he knew something was wrong, nodded and let it go. yugyeom would come around and he didn't want to push the boy.

they left the hotel and jinyoung was gripping yugyeom's hand as tight as the younger was holding his. they were both beyond nervous but at the end of it all, day knew they'd have each other.

"i'll be back, baby," jinyoung said, placing a kiss on yugyeom's lips before he got out of the car to walk into his parents house.

jinyoung was glad to see that everyone was there so he wouldn't have to repeat himself or have anyone relay the message.

"i love yugyeom. we're engaged and i would really appreciate if you didn't all treat him like he just kicked a bunch of puppies. i love him for who he is and i will stop visiting if you keep treating him like you do. he's sensitive and it makes both of us upset."

jinyoung didn't wait for a reply. he kissed his mother on the cheek and hugged his sister before he was walking back out to his car. he smiled at the sight of yugyeom asleep with his pillow in his arms.

he got in the car and took off to get two hot chocolates for them. he woke yugyeom up once he got the drinks so the boy didn't have to drink cold hot chocolate when he woke up.

when they got to their apartment, yugyeom went to their bed and immediately got under the covers. it was cold since they didn't have the heat in while they were gone and he just wanted to be warm. he hadn't gotten out of his pajamas when they left the hotel so it didn't take long for him to fall asleep.

jinyoung sat on the bed next to yugyeom, only able to think about how amazing yugyeom was and about how he didn't deserve the way his family treated him. but they were back home and it was okay.

when yugyeom woke up for the third time that day, they did all of their christmas traditions they had missed.

they opened their presents, watched their favorite christmas movies, and drank even more hot chocolate even if jinyoung preferred coffee because their tradition wasn't to drink coffee.

"you're the love of my life, yugyeomie, never forget how much i love you, okay? even when my family are jerks and don't treat you like the prince you are, know that i love you and that's all that matters."

yugyeom, being yugyeom, started to tear up but it was okay, because he had jinyoung and jinyoung would always be there for him. even when he cried over something, big or small, dumb or worth the tears, jinyoung would always be there to comfort him.

//
i started a yugyeom one shot book !! and i started another jingyeom fic and a markgyeom fic !!