18

"hey, how's my puppy doing?"

when yugyeom heard jinyoung call him puppy, it was like a breath of fresh air.

he loved jinyoung, so he visited his family with him but it didn't mean he had fun. he knew they hated him and it was very emotionally toiling on him for him to be around them.

it was christmas eve, 11 in the evening and the couple were sitting in the bath together. it was a bit warmer that jinyoung usually liked but he knew how yugyeom liked it and it was all about yugyeom for the rest of the time there.

yugyeom didn't really answer, but it didn't matter because jinyoung knew. the younger only sunk down further in the tub and tried to get closer to jinyoung.

"nyoungie's puppy," yugyeom mumbled, turning his head to lay his cheek on jinyoung's bare chest.

"my puppy. i'm sorry that my family are such meanies."

"s'okay. nyoungie loves puppy. puppy loved nyoungie." jinyoung swore yugyeom was an angel most of the time.

"you're right. let's get out before you fall asleep."

jinyoung got himself and yugyeom out, drying the boy off before pulling him in a robe and leading him to bed.

when jinyoung woke up yugyeom in the morning. he wasn't expecting the boy to cry when he looked around the room.

yugyeom really hated change, so when he realized their christmas traditions were different, he wasn't happy. he hadn't meant to burst into tears but he had been holding a lot in since they'd arrived.

they weren't opening their gifts for each other because they were still sitting under the tree in their home. they weren't snuggling and watching how the grinch stole christmas and jack frost because they didn't have their disks or a dvd player to watch them on.

jinyoung felt awful. not only was the trip awful for yugyeom in the first place, they didn't get to do a thing that yugyeom wanted to do on one of his favorite days.

"baby, puppy, i'm so sorry. come here, baby." jinyoung opened his arms and held yugyeom as tight as he could once the younger climbed onto him. "you deserve such a great christmas and i didn't give that to you. i'm sorry, angel."

"no. it's good you're with your family." yugyeom didn't mean to make jinyoung feel bad but he also didn't like hiding his feelings from him, either.

"not with how they treat you. i can barley enjoy anything knowing how the feel about you."

"they make really good food ," yugyeom said through his crying. jinyoung chuckled but kept the front on his face.

"you want to go get some food? and we open my stocking because they always make me one but i'll share everything with you."

yugyeom got dressed before he laid on the bed while jinyoung for ready. jinyoung, once he was done, crawled on top of yugyeom and gave the boy a few christmas kisses.

"merry christmas, baby. i love you, so much, baby boy."

"i love you, nyoungie. merry christmas."

jinyoung pulled yugyeom off the bed, pulling him into a long kiss, rubbing the back of the boy's neck as he did.

"you're so handsome," jinyoung told yugyeom when he pulled away and rested his forehead against yugyeom's, "my handsome baby."

they left the hotel and jinyoung didn't plan on letting go of yugyeom's hand at any point other than to get in and out of the car.

jinyoung didn't falter when he walked into his parent's house with yugyeom close to his side. he said hi to everyone, rubbing yugyeom's arm when he said hi, too.

"come on, gyeomie." jinyoung led yugyeom to the kitchen and got them both plates. "i love you, baby."

"i love you," yugyeom whispered. he let jinyoung add more food to his place before they sat down at the empty kitchen table.

everyone usually sat in the living room to eat but yugyeom was constantly getting looks from jinyoung's family and jinyoung was sick of it.

they finished and jinyoung put their plates in the sink, hearing a shout from his mom for him to open his stocking with his sisters.

jinyoung sat down on the floor, telling yugyeom to sit between his legs much to his family's dismay but he didn't care. he opened his stocking along with his sisters, putting everything on yugyeom's lap.

there were fuzzy socks, some chocolates that jinyoung was definitely giving to yugyeom, a gift card for a restaurant that jinyoung loved and had yet to be able to take yugyeom to, and some chapsticks. there were also some other packs of candies that jinyoung would give to yugyeom, especially the jelly beans.

jinyoung thanked his mom before he was pulling yugyeom off the floor and getting ready to leave.

"i'll come back tomorrow before we go back home."

jinyoung knew they weren't happy but he didn't care. he was sick of them all looking at yugyeom as if he just kicked a bunch of puppies.

they got in the car where yugyeom immediately started tearing up. jinyoung leaned over the center console to try to do something to help him.

"hey, puppy, calm down, sweetie. it's okay. everything is okay." jinyoung rubbed yugyeom's back, getting upset himself as yugyeom started crying harder. "let's go back to the hotel, okay? we can get room service and get you anything you want and we can take a bath if you want and cuddle."

jinyoung buckled yugyeom in before driving off to get the the hotel as quick as possible. he wanted to get a choco shake for yugyeom but everywhere was closed for christmas.

"i'm going to talk to them tomorrow, baby," jinyoung said as he knelt in front of yugyeom when the younger sat on the bed. he took yugyeom's shoes off because he knew his feet hurt. he had worn his best shoes to look as nice as possible when jinyoung knew he would rather be at home in their pajamas.

"can we take a bath, nyoung?" jinyoung nodded and went to the bathroom to turn on the water.

yugyeom followed him slowly, sitting on the large counter by the sink. jinyoung stood between the younger's legs and put his hands on yugyeom's waist.

"i was really hoping they'd like me," yugyeom admitted, swinging his legs before hooking them around jinyoung's waist.

"i'm sorry, baby. i want them to love you as much as i do. i'll talk to them tomorrow, you can stay in the car if you want, okay?"

they didn't spend long in the bath before opting to get out and order room service instead. jinyoung was extremely relieved it was still available because he wanted to cheer up yugyeom somehow and the boy had always wanted to have room service.

they cuddled on the bed, looking the menu and choosing their food before jinyoung called in their order.

half an hour later, yugyeom was smiling as jinyoung got their room service from their door and paid. he sat up and grabbed the boxes from jinyoung, finding his chicken strips and fries.

"thank you, nyoungie."

"anything for my baby boy."