2. "wanna be friends?"

WORDS: 450

This is a kinda sweet one about how you met :)

Inspired by: Stranger Things Season 2

Btw Y/L/n = Your last name

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting on the swing, slowly swaying back and forth. Your legs were too short to touch the ground and swing yourself, so you just sat there.

The Sun shone on your face and the atmosphere around you was full of electricity and excitement - birds were chirping and singing, children running and playing and adults talking and laughing.

On a day like this, you would be happy. You should be happy. After all, you had your favorite dress on, your hair was done the way you loved it and you were finally away from your bossy parents. 

But you were scared. You actually wanted the protection of your parents, even if they were bossy.

This was the first day of kindergarten and you didn't have any friends so you were on the swings all alone. Everyone but you had friends.

You looked down at the ground and started to sob. You just wanted a friend or your parents. No, you wanted to go home. 

As you carried on staring at the concrete through your blurry eyes, you noticed two small shoes slip into your vision in front of you. Slowly, you wiped your eyes and looked upwards to see a face. Squinting in the Sun, you noticed that it was a boy's face.

"Hi" he says, kindly.

"Hi" you sadly reply.

He sat down on the swing next to yours and you looked over to see his face more clearly. He had soft, curly, brown hair and chocolate-brown eyes. His pale skin held a few specks of freckles and he softly smiled.

"My name's Peter" he told you. "Parker" he added.

"Hi, My name's Y/n. Y/L/n" you added the last bit, just as he had, causing him to smile even wider, reaching his eyes. 

"Uhm... wanna be friends?" he asked, cautiously.

"Yeah, sure" you grinned at him, this was exactly what you wanted.

As you sit in the field, your face warmed by the Sun, you can't help but think of the day you met. You look over at Peter, seeing the face of that adorable little 5 year-old you met all those years ago. You softly chuckle to yourself.

"What is it?" Peter asks you.

"Nothing..." you reply. He raises an eyebrow.

"Hey, I'm just happy, okay?!" you tell him, still chuckling, remembering all the crazy things you used to do as little kids.

He smiles at you "me too".

God, you were so happy. He found you at the perfect time and he really was - is - everything you've ever wanted. If only you knew how far you would come together and how inseparable you'd become.

Meeting Peter Parker? The best day of your life.  :)