3b. 'you belong with me'

WORDS: 1732

Part 2 and last part of story from before

Still based off Taylor Swift lyrics

Starts exactly where part 1 ends

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I... umm I..." Peter started stuttering.

You were such an idiot. You never should have told him that, even if some tiny part of you hoped he liked you back in any way, you were completely wrong. All those stupid teen movies and romance stories with happy endings were fake and dumb. Those dreams should've been crushed a long time ago. This was just embarrassing and stupid.

Your face was a bright red and your heart was pounding. Your whole body was shaking and you could barely breathe. You felt like running to the bathroom to throw up and your eyes were starting to water.

"I'm so sorry Peter... I don't kno-" Just then his phone starts to ring. Thank God. You can't take the awkward silence anymore. You knew this would happen anytime you were in a room with him again. Nothing would be the same.

Peter answers the phone "Yeah... I'm at Y/n's house... okay sure... yeah I'm fine, sorry... okay, see you soon... love you too... yup, bye".

"I should go, May's worrying about me since we weren't in school today and..."

"yeah... okay." You just want him to leave. You can't stand this anymore.

Peter stands up to get his Spider-Man suit from his bag. He walks to the window "Bye Y/n".

"Bye, Peter" you reply, heartbroken.

He puts on just his mask, opens the window and crawls out. Just before he closes it again, you whisper "sorry".

He looks up at you, the girl with the red face, tears streaming down both cheeks, body trembling. He softly smiles, as a tear silently drips from his eye. He closes the window and turns around, starting to swing back home.

You hug all the blankets you were cuddled in just a half hour ago and fully collapse into your bed, clothes still on. You cry yourself to sleep again.

Its been almost a week. You've avoided Peter everywhere you've gone. Sat on the opposite sides of the classroom, sat at a different table at lunch, ran away whenever you've see him. He tried to talk to you every day but you wouldn't let him. You were way too ashamed to let him see you again. 

Luckily you had told Ned everything. He was still your closest friend, but not as close as you were before; he became closer to Peter. You were happy for them. Both of them. It was all you really needed.

Your parents still worried about you. You would barely speak to them. You went out a lot later; to the park, a cafe, another friend's house, anywhere; just to get your mind off this whole mess. Nothing ever really worked though. You would come home, eat some of your dinner silently and go back to your room where you just got on with homework, feeling numb like a robot. You went to bed a lot earlier but couldn't sleep much. You would mostly just be mad at yourself for what you said, then fall asleep only to wake up multiple times every night, crying as you relived what happened.

You were completely drained and senseless. You wouldn't feel any emotions anymore. You wouldn't bother. You just kept to yourself and tried to carry on with life, all your hopes and dreams shattered.