17. birthday in quarantine (h.c)

Just a fun, short headcannon since it was recently my bday  

WORDS: 755

-----------------------------

What a great birthday. Stuck in your apartment with your roommate, Peter Parker. He was your best friend but you still missed everyone and your other friends. Still, you had to stay inside, to protect the rest of New York City. Might as well make the most of it.

Birthday in quarantine with Peter would include:

- Staying up the night before until midnight.
00:00
"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!"

- Him baking you pancakes for breakfast and your favorite cake for later.

- He organized a surprise zoom call with your closest family and friends, they sang happy birthday to you and then you all just talked and caught up on everything together.

- Watching Star Wars and your favorite shows together.

- Stuck playing more card games and board games, Peter letting you win for once and listening to your favorite music.

- "So Y/n, I couldn't get you anything proper for your birthday because everything is closed and I hate online shopping so I made you something instead.."
"Aw, Peter, you didn't have to! Wait, is that why you've been kicking me out of your room so much and staying up at midnight?"
"Oh, yeah.. sorry about that," he laughs.
"Aw Peter you really didn't have to!! But I knew something was off. Saying you're 'studying' at night even though you don't have any exams..?"
He gave you a handmade card and a scrapbook full of pictures - of you two together, you with your friends, pictures from things like vacations, trips to theme parks, etc, each section sectioned off with its own title and labels, every photo with a date and place on it..
"Peter this is SO thoughtful, thank you SO SO much, this is like, the best thing I've ever gotten!!"

- Your other friends and family sent you packages in the mail, which you left on a little pile in the living room, waiting for your birthday to open them. You finally got to open them all with Peter, screaming and getting excited about all of them.

- You individually called each of your friends and your family to thank them, but that still didn't seem like enough to thank them so you wrote thank you cards to all of them and sent them all, emphasizing how thankful you were for their presents and especially them; how much you missed them.

- Sitting on the fire escape with Peter watching the sunset in the evening, reflecting over the last years. 
"Well, 2020s been pretty crap, hasn't it?"
"Yup, the worst I've lived through."
"Only hoping it'll get better.."

- Peter then standing on the fire escape and shouting "ITS MY BEST FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY TODAY! EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Y/N!!!" Which a lot of people surprisingly heard and answered since their windows or doors were open.
"Happy birthday Y/n!" Coming from all directions as you tried to hide but Peter forced you to stand on the fire escape so everyone could see you. Then they all started singing happy birthday to you, as you stood there so embarrassed and trying not to laugh as all these strangers sung to you and stared at you.
"THANK YOU!" You shouted back, then an old man came to his window and said "Happy birthday Y/n, my best wishes for all your future endeavors," which just made you and Peter laugh like crazy, unable to hold it back anymore. 
That day you had gotten a lot of happy birthdays from people you hadn't spoken to in a while, but never so many from complete strangers! This truly was an experience to remember.

- Having a mini party with Peter randomly finding a pack of 100 balloons and blowing up a ton of them which just made you go crazy, seeing how red his face became.
Then listening to your favorite music and a bunch of old CDs with songs you used to listen to so much and know all the lyrics to, but haven't listened to in years. Dancing and singing around the apartment together.

- Staying up until the end of your birthday; "here's to another year."

Yeah that was really short but it was my birthday over the weekend and some of this stuff happened to me in quarantine so I just thought I'd put it in for fun.

I'm still working on more parts rn, hoping to update more today :)

Happy birthday to anyone whose birthday it might be, or passed recently, or is coming up! Love you guys.