19. the ball game

Why have I never seen an imagine at a game? Maybe everyone here just hates baseball or doesn't really care about that but today we'll change that because here's a baseball imagine!

About: You just enjoy a ball game with Peter - The Yankees. Just a very casual imagine about friendship where you just enjoy spending time together and how beautiful New York is haha. You also get a ball :)

Words: 2,358

Now, whether you're a baseball fanatic, hate it, are indifferent, like it a bit.. it doesn't matter for this imagine. I'm writing this one because I really just love the atmosphere of a baseball game and how much fun it is (and I just miss it). They're honestly such a vibe :)

There was something about a baseball game. The fact that you can go there as a massive fan and scream your head off and you would be normal. The fact that you can also go there knowing nothing and sit there watching and you would be normal. The fact that you can also go there to kill time or as something fun to do with your friends, talking and laughing the entire time and you would be normal. 

Sitting in your home stadium, with a bunch of other people all on the same side as you, wearing baseball caps and shorts and Yankees t-shirts, eating fries and hot dogs whilst watching the game and screaming for your team. Taking selfies and laughing with your friends on a sunny day, watching the team mascot run around the stadium pulling funny and stupid stunts. Forgetting that your phone or anything else even exists, just immersed in the game and atmosphere and with your friends. The best way to spend an afternoon.

"LET'S KILL THEM!!" Peter shouts enthusiastically, taking his New York Yankees hat out of his lap and putting it on his head as you stand up cheering, ready to get off the subway at '161 Street - Yankee Stadium Station'. The stadium was located in the Bronx, NYC, so it took some time to get there from Queens but it was always worth it. 

Almost everyone on that subway also gets up, ready to leave, everyone heading to the ball game. You fit right in with them all, the two of you dressed in black shorts [if you're comfortable wearing them of course] and a Yankees shirt and cap. 

You get out of the station and head to the stadium which is almost right there, walking alone the sidewalk joined by everyone else in Yankees clothes. Groups talking and laughing, a couple families and kids on shoulders that everyone would 'aww' at; its unusual to see little kids and families in New York City, but the games were something that everyone went to. Everyone particularly excited for this game - The Yankees (NY) vs The Red Sox (Boston).

['Lil side note - I was gonna see the Red Sox but didn't because there was a rainstorm :( And the kids on shoulders was actually me and my sister when we went to NYC as a family when we were little kids - everyone looked at us in Times Square and everywhere thinking we were so adorable, that kinda stuff doesn't happen very often there haha]

As you approach the stadium, the atmosphere is so electric and alive. The workers check your tickets and you step in, finding your seats. The typical 'Don't Stop Believin'' by Journey bounces off the walls and surrounds you and you and Peter laugh, lightly dancing and singing along stupidly whilst laughing at each other. You loved going to the games with Peter alone. The two of you were close since you were kids and you got on so well. He was the one person you could be yourself around and he felt the same way towards you.

Here's what the stadium looks like btw [so beautiful, right??]