10. nightmares (9) ⭐️

So the (9) is there because this is linked to the soulmate series.

Basically, the concept is that you have the soulmate link where you can feel each other's emotions.

ABOUT: Y/n has a nightmare about losing Peter. Peter senses it because of their soulmate connection (above) and comes over to comfort her. Lots of snuggles and cuteness AS ALWAYS :)

WORDS: 1,311

Enjoy and have a great day!!

:)

------------------------

My body tosses and turns in the restless sleep my mind tries to fight. Beads of sweat drip from my forehead as my mouth lets out a whimper, worried thoughts and visions forming in my brain.

Suddenly, my body is able to push itself up, brain wakening and mouth searching for air.

I sit there in my bed, starting to come to a realization of what happened. Tears join the sweat beads on my face and my whole face becomes a mess, including my disheveled hair.

The one thing that keeps me from completely breaking is the feeling of Peter there on the other side. My body feels his peaceful state of mind and I am reassured that he is sleeping. Happy. That's all I want.

Breathe in. Out.
I focus my mouth and brain on the feeling of Peter and control my breathing.

Until there's a disturbance.

Peter's calm state of mind is interrupted by a sudden awareness of reality and an awakening from the usual slumbers sleep brings.

Crap. I've woken him.

Instantly, I focus on my breathing about ten times more, laying back into the bed to stare at the ceiling and desperately trying to ease my mind, at the same time as hiding that.

Act peaceful as if in sleep. Don't make Peter worried.

But no.

Of course, Peter knows me inside and out. So more feelings from the other end come flooding into my chest. First worry, then a reassurance that's definitely directed at me before the feeling of adrenaline kicking in.

He's coming over. No, he's swinging over.

I give in to my previous fears as I accept that Peter is coming and nothing can change that. My body shakes more violently than ever before and tears start to pool in my eyes again, ready to crash down even harder, like an avalanche.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

3 knocks on the window, Peter's usual. Just a lot faster and more urgent.

The worry rises up again as well as aching exhaustion.

My eyes look to the clock.

2AM.

What have I done? Woken Peter up and worried him at this hour??