Ch. 22 - The Jorney begins!

When Ace and Luffy come back to the base they are greeted by Dadan.

"You're back."

She has a soft smile and opens up her arms. Luffy sees this and gets teary eyes and runs into her arms. He starts to cry out loud and all Dadan does is gently pets his head.

"It's okay, I'm here. Don't worry."

Luffy cries lessen and just hugs her harder. Dadan keeps petting him. Luffy then wipes his boogers on her. You can see she looks grossed out.

Then the mountain bandits come back with Garp.

"LUFFY!?"

"Hi everyone! Old man!"

Luffy gave a huge smile at them. Everyone was so happy to see him smile again.

That was until Garp hit Luffy on the head.

"AHHHH! That hurts old man!"

Luffy was rolling on the ground holding onto his head in pain.

"Good! Next time don't go running off without telling someone!"

In the background their was two other victims of Garp's attack.

"But why did you hit us!?"

"Because you two were supposed to watch over him!"

They both stayed quite not wanting to get another beating.

"Now! It's time to train!"

Luffy looked so confused and Ace had a look like he forgot all about what Garp had said.

"I'm going to take these two with me for four months."

Garp picks up Luffy and puts him over his shoulder. He then grabs Ace and puts him under his armpits. He looks back at Dadan and says.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to bring them back."

It was then that Ace and Luffy began their special training with their Grandpa to get stronger.

———————————————————

During the four months that Garp was here he had made the brothers go through the most grueling training that they have ever went through.

Each time Garp had made them do something insane it made the boys appreciate there life even more.

There was one time that Garp had tied Luffy to helium balloons and told him to get himself down before he swept to the sea.

There was another time that he threw Ace into a cave with a giant hungry bear and told him that he had to fight the bear or be eaten.

Each time something traumatic happened the urge to want to live became more apparent and they also got stronger.

On the last night that Garp had them him and the boys where sitting down and eating. It was on that night that Garp had asked Ace of something.

"Ace."

"Hmm?"

"You two need to become Marines no matter what."

"Huh?"

"You have to promise me that, Ace."

"No."

"HUH?! Why you little brat!"

*snore*

They notice that Luffy had eaten all there food and ignored the serious conversation and went back to normal.