Ch. 29 - Meeting Nami!

"Oi! Luffy."

"Hmm?"

"Do you even know where we are?"

"Shishishi, nope!"

"Huh?"

It's been three days since they left Shells Town and they haven't seen a single sign of land. Plus, there rations are going to run out pretty soon.

"How did you even survive this long on the ocean without not knowing how to navigate?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm lucky, Shishishi!"

*sigh*

Zoro could not believe the type of Captain that he swore to follow. He was thinking if he was really going to be alright.

"Well, what about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you have been traveling for so long. How have you been getting by so far?"

"I'm different. One day I got on a boat and it took me out to sea. We landed at a port and ever since then I've been trying to get back home."

"......wow, you're dumb! Shishishi!"

"Ugh! Shut up!"

"Shishishi!"

*caw!*

"Huh?"

The duo looks up to the sky to see a bird. It was circling around.

"Food!"

"It looks huge!"

"More meat for us too eat!"

"Wait, but how are you going to catch it?"

"Watch me!"

All of a sudden Luffy shoots his arm into the air and grabs ahold of the bird.

"I got it!"

"Impressive."

Luffy started to bring it back down but when the bird got closer and closer it just started to look so much bigger.

"Wait, Luffy."

Luffy didn't listen and until it was to late the giant bird finally got close enough to them to make a big enough splash. Luffy lost a grip of the bird when it dived into the ocean. The duo got up and started to leaning over the boat in search of the bird.

"Where did it go?"

"I told you to wait!"

"But we were running out of food."

"How were we going to eat that anyways!"

"I don't know."

*sigh*

Luffy reach an arm over Zoro trying to comfort him. But when Zoro look back at him his face was in shock. Luffy didn't understand and when Luffy look behind him he finally realized that the bird was there.

"Aaahhh!" The both of them got surprised.  The bird then opens his beak and grabs Luffy and flys off.

"Luffy!"

Zoro grab the oars and began to row towards the direction that the bird took Luffy.

————————————————————————

Nami had finally found where the Buggy Pirates were going to be. When she met some very unlucky Buggy crew members. She stole their boat and left them stranded in the ocean.

She's making her way towards Orange Town. Where she'll finally get the map to the Grand Line.

————————————————————————

On this way to rescue Luffy, Zoro stumble upon some shipped wreck survivors. When they got on board they tried to steal his boat but Zoro had a chat with them and they decided to help him find Luffy.

"Mister Zoro! I would you like something to drink?"

"Sure."

"Here you go mister Zoro."

The pirate that was offering Zoro water was all beat up and the two other pirates were black and blue.

"Oi, are we almost there?"

"Yes, sir! We are almost there."

"I see. I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when we get there."

"Yes, Sir."

Zoro took a nap and the pirates began to whisper amongst each other.

"...psst...hey.."

"..what?"

"if we rush him now, we can take him."

"are you crazy..!"

"Come on..!"

They contemplated about the idea and decided to go with the plan.

"Okay, grab the oars."

Two pirates grab the oars and on of the pirates got ready to grab him. Right when they were going to jump him Zoro opens his eyes and beats the pirates again.

"We're sorry for our insolents! We promise to never do it again."

"Good. Now I'm going to take a nap again. Don't bother me."

"Yes sir!"

————————————————————————

Luffy was struggling to get out the giant birds mouth for awhile now. Until he was finally able to make the bird let go of him. He started to fall from the sky and landed on something soft.

He landed on some of Buggy's men, who were chasing a girl. When he looked up to see her he notice her bright orange her. She was also very pretty.

"OI! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!"

"Hmm?"

Luffy turns his head and sees the rest of the pirates that were chasing her.

"Who are you?"

"WE ASKED UOU FIRST, BASTARD!"

"Oh, sorry. My name is Monkey D. Luffy!"

"Who cares who he is let's attack!"

The leader of that group tried to stop his men from attacking but it was to late. Luffy had beaten them all. The only one who was left was the leader of that group.

"Damn it."

The pirate ran away heading towards Buggy to let him know what happened.

"Thank you."

"Hmm?

Luffy looks at the girl he saved.

"No problem."

"My name is Nami. Nice to meet you Luffy."