Ch. 39 - Welcome to the crew Usopp!

The group were in a dangerous standoff. The tension was in the air was making it hard for them to breath. The battlefield was quiet. No one made a sound or moved. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of waves crashing onto the rocks.

Then out of the corner of Usopp's eye he saw one of the Black Cat pirates move an inch closer to them and out of pure instinct, he shot! The pirate was on his back and everyone saw him fall. At that moment when he hit the floor the Pirates attacked!

Luffy went to his right and zoro went to his left. They were the ones dealing with majority of the Pirates. Nami and Usopp stayed in the middle. There they fought the pirates in their own way. Usopp shooting them from afar and Nami keeping her distance with her bow staff.

"Nami get down!"

Nami does what she's told and ducks her head. One of the Pirates came up from behind her with a huge sword. He was going to swing it down at her head but Usopp shot a marble ball at his forehead. The force made the man faint from the impact.

Nami then looks back at her offender and sees that Usopp took care of him. When she was about to say thank you to Usopp she notices that a beta male knocks him down.

She then gets up as fast as she can. Swings her bow staff as far as she can and whacks the man on the back.

The blow shocks the man and makes him unsteady. He looks up at Nami and sees a bow staff heading to his face. It knocks the man unconscious.

"Thanks."

Nami holds out her hand for Usopp to take. He grabs on to it and pulls himself up.

"Don't mention it."

They start hear yelling coming towards them and it was more pirates. So the two of them have their backs facing each other and ready to fight more pirates.

————————————————————————

While the group was fighting the Black Cat pirates. Kaya was at home watching after the kids.

Kaya was watching out the window with a worried look on her face. She was so anxious that she didn't notice that an intruder came inside the room.

With a click of the door closing Kaya turned her head to see someone familiar at the door. She sigh in relief, it was her loyal servant Kuro.

"Oh Kuro! It's so good to see you."

"I'm also happy to see you my lady."

Kuro's eyes wandered to the boys laying on the hospital beds. Kaya saw him looking at the boys and proceeded to explain why they were here.

"So that's why they are here Kuro."

"I see my lady. You are ever so kind and generous."

"Thank you Kuro."

Kaya turns back to the window that she was starring at. Hoping that Usopp would come back anytime soon.

"But my lady I must remind you that you must be careful on who you put your trust in."

*sigh* "Kuro must I remind you that Usopp is—"

Before she could finish her sentence. She notice that Kuro was exceptionally close. She tried to back up but was unable to because of the window.

Kuro grabs Kaya from behind and picks something out of his coat pocket. Kaya is struggling for dear life. She then begins to call for help.

"Help! HELP ME!"