Thirty Three

I never knew what happiness was until I had it. For so long I thought I had it with my ex but I realize now it was just delusion induced by the feeling of being wanted. I thought I was happy with Jade, I thought I was happy having sex with Smith but never did I realize that this whole time what I truly wanted was to be with him. I'd been blinded by my brothers wishes and my own fear of being rejected. It took months but I was finally were I wanted.

All I felt was the joy of being able to hold Smith's hand. Being intimate would always be something special but there was a different feeling associated with Smith's large hand intertwined with my own. It was so innocent yet scandalous in a way that felt more dangerous and risky than the type of scandal the two of us were well acquainted with in the bedroom. I had never once held Smith's hand like I did now. The only other time this had happened was when his fingers were pinning mine down, not when he was lovingly touching my hand just to feel my close proximity.

"I love you," the words left my mouth confidently without a second though. Smith's thumb stopped moving to and fro on the back back of my hand. He looked up from his textbook, his insidious toned eyes met my own beside me on the couch. "You don't have to say it back. It's was just what I was thinking." I didn't need Smith's validation. I had to be honest about the thoughts in my mind regardless of what he thought; we were in this together and when everything went to shit he would be the one there with me. He had to know the truth.

"I'm sorry, I'm still in shock that Maeve Svensson just told me she loved me first," he murmured with a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

"I've loved you since I saw you in another woman's arms and realized I would give anything to make you smile. I just didn't want to scare you away. We both know how you are," he joked with me, my own smile breaking free on my face. I shifted onto my knees on the couch, untangling my fingers from Smith's and cupping his razor sharp jaw as I sat on my haunches. "I love you Maeve Svensson."

"I love you too, Smith Kyoh." I leaned down and pressed my lips to his softly. Tenderly his pink lips caressed my own with care, a sweet and slow kiss capturing my mind and heart. My eyes were closed, feeling the sensations Smith have my body and the tan fabric of the couch below my legs. When we parted, my forehead leaned against Smith's lightly as he tossed his math textbook onto the floor with a thud before putting his large hands around my hips and hauling my body over his lap effortlessly.

"I don't think you'll ever understand how much I've wanted this for so long," he murmured, my eyes opening to stare into his. "I would give up everything for you, Maeve."

"I'd do the same for you, Smith. We are in this together for better or for worse." I was putting my relationship with my brother on the line for this. Smith was risking his best friend to be with me. Hell, he was risking his fucking parents to be with me. I'm the only non-Korean girlfriend he's ever had, let alone met his traditional parents. I just hoped when that time came it would be okay. Because as willing as we were to give up important things to make this work, avoiding that would be the best option.

And with those words, Smith closed the gap between us yet again, kissing me with all the feverish passion in his body as I did the same back. Every heartbeat I could feel under my fingertips on his jaw. He could feel every curve of my body as Smith ran his hands up to my waist and pulling my body firmly against his. There was unimaginable chemistry between us, every ounce of passion felt in a simple touch. It was like an electric current tying us together and causing butterfly's of nerves erupt in my stomach.

His soft yet ever so slightly calloused hands worked up my shirt, feeling my skin against his own. Without hesitation, I pulled back and pulled the black fabric over my head without breaking eye contact, unhooking my olive toned bra and tossing it to the side. Maybe I had a high sex drive and maybe some people thought I was intimate with Smith too often, but who were they to judge? I was happy and healthy and my relationship was strong as ever. What were people worried about? Losing the spark? That was ridiculous to me. I'd been in long term relationships with less chemistry and the only thing that killed the spark was my ex's less than appealing attitude.