Smooth Criminal

"Just letting you know that we are celebrating our birthdays this weekend", Jisung announces pretty much the second that Chan has pushed open the door and walked into their basement room. Changbin is already sitting at the table and even though there is no way he has been there for longer than five minutes he already looks fed up. Then again, that is pretty much his resting facial expression and it's kind of hard to tell the difference between Changbin just being Changbin and him actually being annoyed. Maybe he's just always annoyed, but that's yet again another thing entirely. Felix is sitting on the table, legs happily bouncing back and forth while he's furiously tapping his phone. He's probably playing some rhythm game or something like that. Chan remembers that when they were all still in school together he used to be obsessed with that one anime or whatever rhythm game. The name started with o he thinks. It's gonna come to him any second now. Meanwhile, Jisung is standing in the middle of the room and dramatically pointing a finger at Chan. For a moment he wonders just how long Jisung has been standing there waiting for him to come in just so he could jump at him with their birthday party invitation.

"Oh, it's this weekend?", Chan asks, feigning ignorance just to see Jisung pout at the reaction. Of course, Chan didn't really forget. There is no way he could forget about the birthdays of not one but two of his closest friends. They wouldn't let him forget about it even if he tried. It's a funny little coincidence that Jisung happens to be just a day older than Felix and the rest is pretty much history at this point.

"Oh come on, don't pretend you forgot", Jisung complains while crossing his arms in front of his chest. That in combination with his pout makes him look even more like a bratty child that is upset because his parents are sending him to be when he is still totally not tired at all. Chan laughs and for a moment he almost reaches out a hand to ruffle through Jisung's kind of orange hair. When did he even bleach it like that? Maybe Felix helped him with that. If anyone in their social circle knows how to pour some bleach and hair dye onto their head it's probably Felix. Even though Chan has also pondered just straight up pouring bleach over his hair until it's white – and possible also fried and ruined for life. Either way, back on topic. The birthday party.

"I don't think I could forget about it even if I wanted to", Chan jokingly replies. Jisung huffs out some air but at least he finally unfolds his arms and rolls his eyes before his lips twitch into a smile.

"So you're coming, right?", he asks, even though they both know it's not really a question. Chan comes to their birthday party. That's just how it is. It's been like that ever since Jisung first invited them to his birthday party and Felix replied with but that's my birthday. Which has lead them to realise that their birthdays are literally just one day apart. It has also lead to Jisung taking any chance he gets to remind Felix that he is older and randomly walk up to him to start a conversation with when I was your age and then just recount what he did the day before. So yeah, ever since they discovered that they are basically twins they have been even more annoying than before. They insist that they have some kind of special cosmic soulmate bond, that they were born in completely different countries and at different times – Jisung late in the evening and Felix in the early morning hours – but under the same sky and therefore the universe intended for them to meet and become best friends. And go on everyone's nerves, as Changbin likes to add. They also insist on celebrating their birthdays together.

"Sure, are you making your mom bake you two cakes again?", Chan asks. He knows what the answer to that is going to be but he feels like being a bit annoying himself.

"One of them is for Felix", Jisung protests right away. Because of course he doesn't see that Chan is just messing with him. Somewhere in the back, Changbin is theatrically throwing his head onto the table for no one but Chan to see. Felix is curiously looking up from his phone at the mention of his name but he doesn't really bother to get into the conversation yet.