High School Never Ends?

"Oh, look who finally decided to show his face around here again."

It's easy to tell that Jisung is trying to sound annoyed, but simply not doing a very good job at it. He's never been good at acting. He always overdoes it. Even when he is not trying to act he is usually overdoing it. But there is a clear distinction between his usual just being over the top and him purposefully trying to emulate some sort of emotion by using all of the most stereotypical markers for it. He has his arms crossed in front of his chest, which is a little puffed out for added effect. Lips pressed into an angry line, hip and head kind of cocked. He looks like a caricature of an emotion.

Chan just walks past him without even acknowledging his antics and slumps down in his usual chair. Jisung remains dumbfounded for a moment but then quickly drops his stupid act and hurries over to the table so he can stand next to Chan and grab his arm.

"Dude, seriously, got me kind of worried, what the hell happened for you to disappear like that?", he asks. He is using his hold around Chan's biceps to gently shake him while he is talking and maybe Chan would be irritated by that if it was anyone else. But he knows that Jisung has a tendency to hold onto something when he's nervous. It's just how he is and snapping at him would do the situation no good. So instead Chan just very gently frees his arm from Jisung's grip and pulls away a little.

"I think I just... really fucked up", he sighs. Even though the other two people sitting at the table with him show varying degrees of interest in this conversation, Chan knows that he has their full attention. Felix is playing around with a pencil, alternating between chewing on it and twirling it around his finger. His eyes jump around the room. To the table, to Chan, then his eyes quickly dart away to look at some other random object. Back at Chan. And so on and so forth. Changbin is staring down at his phone, but he hasn't actually touched it since Chan walked in. There is text displayed on the screen, probably something Changbin was reading – and pretends to still read right now – but he hasn't scrolled for a minute or two now. Also, his head is titled just the smallest bit upwards to glance at Chan. But they haven't said anything yet. So they must have picked Jisung as the spokesperson for the group. Odd choice. Then again, he is the most outspoken of the three. And he is not afraid to just be straight-forward, ask the questions others are too polite to put so bluntly.

"Fucked up how? With Minho?", Jisung asks. Chan just nods, avoiding the younger boy's piercing gaze. In his attempt to look away he meets Felix's eyes instead who is giving him an almost pitiful glance.Which is definitely so much worse. So he turns back to Jisung who has this expression on his face like he is waiting. And Chan knows exactly what he is waiting for.

So he begins filling his friends in about how his date with Minho went. He tells them about the time they spent, how Minho insisted on paying for his food and how he got all embarrassed when his mother had told Chan that Minho mentioned him before. He repeats all the information about Minho's cats that he has managed to remember. Mainly because he is stalling for time. But eventually, he also tells them about the walk home. About how they stopped on the beach. About how he thought about kissing Minho. And how that freaked him out.

"So basically suddenly I got super scared that he could somehow tell what I was thinking and I just made the worst escape out of that situation and now I'm afraid that I made it all weird", he ends his little story. There is a moment of silence in the room until Jisung speaks up first.

"So, let me just sum this up really quick. You had a date that went really well and then he walked you home and you kinda wanted to kiss him but didn't even make a move and instead just freaked out completely over nothing? And now you think you made things awkward even though literally nothing happened and he even sent you a very norma lsounding text asking for a second date?"