He's Gonna Get Desperate

Authors note: I feel like this should be a disclaimer I put at the start of all my fics but please ignore the road names, I'm not very creative 😂

"Have we got anything on his location?" Voight asked.

"Nothing." Maddie said.

"Anything from the airport?" He asked.

"We've got her leaving the airport then she gets lost in the crowds." Atwater said.

"How did she know where to meet him?" Burgess said.

"Maybe he texted her?" Jay said, placing Sofia's laptop on Maddies desk.

"Can someone get her number from the mum?" Maddie asked, Antonio stood from his desk and headed downstairs to talk to the mum. Meanwhile, Maddie began the process as much as she could without the number. A few minutes later Antonio came back up the stairs with a post-it note and handed it to Maddie. "Thank you." She said, typing the number into her laptop. "She was meeting him at a park on Foster street."

"Ruzek, Atwater and Madison work on CCTV. The rest of you go check this park out." Voight ordered.

"I've sent you the address." Maddie called to Jay as he left.

----------

"I've got the girl getting into a grey four-door sedan." Atwater called a few minutes after the rest of the uni had left. "East side of the park." He added, watching the pod footage.

"When?" Maddie asked.

"Half five, the day her plane landed." Atwater said. "It looks like the car turns left onto Green street.

"Yup, I've got it." Maddie said.

"I've sent a picture of the car and its number plates to Halstead and Dawson so they can show it to people." Ruzek said.

"I'll carry on tracking the car, Maddie find out who it's registered to." Atwater said.

"A 60-year-old woman called Doris." Maddie said, "I'm checking for relatives or neighbours with a record." She said.

"If you were kidnapping a girl wouldn't you be going out of the city?" Atwater asked.

"Yeah, why? Wheres, he going?" Ruzek asked, rocking back on his chair so he could see Atwater's screen.

"Into a residential area." Atwater answered. "Maddie, I've got an address for you." He said as the car pulled over in front of a house. "45 Jackson Road." He said. 

"That house is owned by a shell company which is part of a trucking company owned by a Matt Frank." Maddie said.

"You two meet the team there, Maddie keep digging into the shell company and this Matt Frank." Voight ordered from the doorway where he had been stood since Atwater had located the car.

----------

The team left and Maddie continued digging into Matt Frank but couldn't find anything that could help them find him, it just confirmed he owned that house along with a grey sedan and that he was currently in Chicago but there was nothing she could use to pinpoint his exact location even his phone was on a proxy.

She was about to give up all hope when a new notification popped up on her laptop. Brad was online. She quickly opened a new window and loaded up the chatroom website where Sofia and Brad had met before creating a new account under a fake name and messaging Brad.

Ellie: Hey

Brad: Hey

Ellie: ASL?

Brad: 24 M Chicago, you?

Ellie: 16 F Chicago

Brad: What is a young lady like you doing on here then?

Ellie: Looking for someone to talk to

Brad: You've found them x

Ellie: Aww thanks x

Brad: You okay then babe? x

Ellie: I just wanna get away, my family does my head in x

Brad: I know how that feels, I was the same at your age x

Ellie: I bet I sound like a spoilt teen x

Brad: Not at all, you sound like a teen whos having a rough time at home and wants a break

Ellie: That obvious huh?

Brad: Can I ask you a favour? Can you send me a pic just so I know I'm not talking to some 60 year old guy?

Ellie: Sure x 

Maddie quickly found a picture of herself on her computer and sent it to him.

"Sarge." Maddie said, knocking on his door laptop in hand. "I've got him talking."

"Is there anyway of finding where he is?" Voight asked, skim reading the conversation.

"I can try and hack his IP adress but odds are it'll come back to the same proxy." Maddie said, placing her laptop on the edge of Voight desk and rapidly typing. "Yeah, same proxy."

"Keep him talking, see if we can get him to meet Ellie." Voight said.

"Okay." Maddie said, heading back to her desk to continue the conversation.

It wasn't long before he sent her the same picture of the english guy that he had sent to Sofia and she decided it would be a good time to ask him about where he lives.

Ellie: So where abouts in Chicago are you?

Brad: Just north of Canaryville, you?

Ellie: About a twenty minute walk from Canaryville.

"Maddie, we've got Sofia. He's gonna get desperate for a girl to fill her place once he finds out and you fit her general description." Voight explained.

"He says he's just norht of Canaryville." Maddie said, before glancing back at her screen.

Brad: I know we haven't been speaking long but how about we meet up in Canaryville soon?

Ellie: How soon? I don't know how much longer I can put up with my family.

Brad: Today? In an hour?

Ellie: Okay, how about the park on 31st?

Brad: I'll see you there Ellie x

"He wants to meet at the park on 31st in an hour." Ellie said. "He really is desperate." She muttered to herself.