Back So Soon

Authors Note: Thank you to @Quinnfanfic15 for suggesting a chapter in Med with Will and Natalie! I want to do a few 'filler chapters' before I do another major event so any suggestions are appreciated as I struggle with coming up with ideas for less dramatic chapters. Also, sorry if this is really inaccurate factually/medically.

For the record: Will and Natalie are no longer together.

Adam's visit only lasted a few days before he had to go back to New York and Becca had insisted on taking Maddie for lunch and shopping.

"You know, we could've just stayed at Jay's, ordered pizza and watched films." Maddie commented as Becca pulled her into another shop.

"Oh come on Mads, there's no better excuse for a shopping trip than your birthday." Becca joked as she looked at a long sleeved red top. "What do you think? Is it my colour?"

"Yeah?" Maddie replied, unsure as to how she was supposed to answer. She had spent her entire life bouncing between foster homes, not really making friends as she didn't know when she would leave again, so shopping trips wasn't something Maddie was used to.

"This is so something you would wear!" Becca cooed over a faded grey t-shirt that was slightly cropped but not enough that Jay and Mouse would have a fit if she wore it out. "You're a size 4 right?"

"Yeah." Maddie said.

"I still don't understand how you're so tiny." Becca said, searching for the right size whilst Maddie held back a comment about how she had spent the majority of her life being nothing more than a source of income for the foster parents who would cash the cheques and spend it on themselves. "Sorry." Becca apologised as she realised what she had said.

"You're good." Maddie said with a slight laugh. "Becca?" Maddie waved her hand in front of her friend's face as she appeared to have spaced out. "Hey, Becs?" Maddie began to get more worried as her friend's arm jolted and she dropped the shirt to the floor, the hanger making a noise that drew attention to the two girls as it hit the floor.

Second's later, Rebecca's entire body began convulsing as she dropped to the floor. Maddie reacted quickly and caught her friend's head before it hit the ground.

"I'm on the phone with 911." An older woman told Maddie who was now sat with her friend's head on her lap as she continued to convulse. "Is she epileptic?" The woman repeated the questions the dispatcher asked, Maddie simply shook her head. "You need to turn her on her side." Maddie followed the instructions but kept her hand under her head to prevent her from bashing it on the floor.

It only took a few more minutes for the ambulance to arrive, Maddie explained as much as she could before accepting the offer to go to Chicago Med with them.

----------

"Dr Manning, you're going to treatment 2." Maggie said, as Becca was pushed into the ED on a gurney, Maddie a few steps behind.

Luckily, Will wasn't around so the panicked questioning could wait a little longer.

"You family?" Nat asked as they transferred Becca over to the hospital bed, she had stopped seizing but was still out.

"A friend." Maddie said.

"Do you know if there's any history of seizures? Epilepsy? A head injury?" Nat asked.

"No, no and I don't think so. She did have a soccer game yesterday though." Maddie said. Nat proceeded to order various tests including a head CT before turning her attention to Maddie.

"Have I seen you before?" Nat asked.

"I don't think so, I have been here a few times though recently." Maddie said. "Is Will around? Dr Halstead, I mean." Maddie corrected herself as soon as the words left her mouth.

"Yeah, he's with a patient at the minute." Nat said.

"Can you tell him I'm here if you see him?" Maddie asked.

"Sure." Nat was going to ask why but she was paged.

It took about half an hour for Will and Nat's paths to cross at the computers.

"The friend of my patient in treatment 2 wanted me to let you know she was here." Nat said.

"Who is it?" Will asked, looking in the general direction of the room.

"Didn't get a name, teenage girl, her friend's name is Rebecca." Nat said.

"Maddie? Is she alright?" Will asked, quickly finishing off the chart he was working on.

"Yeah, her friend had a seizure at the mall." Nat said as Will headed towards the room.

Will knocked on the glass door before opening it.

"Hey." Maddie said, standing up to wrap the doctor in a hug.

"Back so soon." Will teased.

"At least I'm not the one in the bed this time." Maddie said with a shrug. "Becs, this is Jay's brother Will. Will this is Becca."

"Why is your entire family fit?" Becca commented, not caring about the blush that rose through Maddie's cheeks.

"We're not actually related remember." Maddie said with a nervous laugh.

"Okay, why is everyone you know fit?" She rephrased.

"I guess I'm just lucky like that." Maddie said.

"Do Jay and Mouse know you're here?" Will asked.

"You make them sound like my gay parents." Maddie commented, making Becca laugh. "And no, I was hoping you would have some advice on how to stop them freaking out at the mention of the hospital."

"Start with the fact you're fine and nothing happened and it might delay the freak out." Will said. "They're both working right?"

"Yeah, Mouse is covering for me so Adam doesn't destroy too much evidence." Maddie joked.

"I'm happy for you to stay here for the day? Maybe you can have a quick chat with Dr Charles?" Will said.

"Okay." Maddie said, the nerves she felt towards seeing a shrink showing in her voice.

"Come on then."

A/n: I've got a new fic with a few chapters but I can't decide on a love interest for my OC, any suggestions? She works in P.D., if that's relevent.