Four

CHAPTER FOUR

    It had been a few days since I've seen Colby. Jumping back into classes after an amazing weekend literally had me dead. I posted a picture on Tuesday evening on my Instagram of a picture that Angie took of me before class of me balancing a pencil in between my nose and lips while holding up a peace sign. I captioned it 'write me and tell me you love me'. Literally all my comments were hardcore assuming it was about Colby when in reality, it was simply just a song lyric that came to mind when I saw the pencil. However, Colby didn't really make the situation much better.

        @colbybrock: luv u <3

    I knew Colby was just being sarcastic to get the fans excited because he doesn't spell love like that nor does he use the letter u in replacement for the word you. Yet, I had absolutely no clue how to respond to that, so I just liked the comment and didn't say anything. One fan account asked me to stab them with the pencil while another account asked me to stab them in the eyes with the pencil so they didn't have to see my face ever again. I'm telling you, the variety of comments on my pictures makes me want to grab a bucket of popcorn and scroll for hours.

        Leslie: you're really gassing up the fans huh?

        Colby: what? I'm not allowed to tell my bestie that i love her on her ig post? ;)

        Leslie: you're really something else colby haha

    It was about five pm on Wednesday and I had been working on homework and studying so that I wouldn't be as stressed out about assignments over the weekend. I'm trying this new thing where I actually do my homework the day of instead of letting it all pile up on the weekend. It'll give me hours of free time. As I was almost done copying the rest of my notes—the last thing I had to do before being all caught up—there was a knock on my door. I looked behind me at Angie who was just blaring music and scrolling through her phone. She paused the music and gave me a confused look.

    "Who the hell is knocking on our door at 5:30 on a Wednesday?" She exclaimed. I shrugged and asked her if she could get it since I was so close to being done. As I was copying the last four bullet points to my anatomy notes, I heard Angie ask the person 'who are you'. Her voice was filled with attitude though I'm sure she didn't mean it.

    "Um, do I have the wrong room again? Oh shit, I thought I knew how to get here by now," the voice said. I instantly tuned in and ran to the door. It was Colby. He was getting ready to leave when I stopped him.

    "You have the right room," I chuckled. He swiped his hand on his forehead in a motion to wipe imaginary sweat off. I let him in and he walked straight to the bed, making him feel at home like the past two times he's been here. Angie went back to her bed and stared at Colby and I weirdly.

    "I just have to finish copying the last few bullet points to my notes, then I'll be ready," I let him know. He nodded and started scrolling through his social media feeds like usual. I could still feel Angie's pressing stare and it was making me uncomfortable.

    "Who's this?" She asked.

    Without even turning around, I told her, "Colby Brock," while Colby also introduced himself. She let him know that she was my roommate and began interrogating him as if she was my mother. I was getting very annoyed, so I hastily finished the notes and started tying my shoes. Colby was very nice about the whole ordeal and didn't care about answering her weird questions, but I cared. I didn't need her budding her business into somewhere it doesn't belong. I grabbed my keys, phone, and charger, and took the lead into leaving the room.