Five

CHAPTER FIVE

I heard the faint noise of an unfamiliar alarm clock. I fluttered my eyes open a little to see Colby's lock screen lighting up. He had set an alarm for me. It was eight in the morning now and we had slept a good eight to nine hours. Colby was still dead asleep and hadn't woken up to the sound at all. I turned around gently so that I was facing him. I stared at him for a bit, soaking in all his features. He had dark circles around his eyes, he needed to get more sleep.

I grabbed his phone and tried unlocking it, but he had a passcode on it. Instead, I slid left into the camera. I closed my eyes and took a few different pictures of Colby and I. He still hadn't awoke. Is this kid the deepest sleeper ever?

He still had his arms wrapped around my body and he moved a little just now to nuzzle his head further into the crook of my neck. His lips were pursed and his fringe was a mess in his face covering his eyes. I knew I had to wake him up in the next five minutes to make it to class, but he was so peaceful, I didn't want to. As 8:10 neared, I turned my body back towards his so that I was facing him again.

"Colby?" I whispered, tapping him. He didn't even move.

"Colbs," I said a little louder, still nothing.

"Baaaaby," I said louder, and to that, he finally woke up, "Oh so you can wake up to me calling you baby but not your actual name?" I laughed. He looked so out of place right now, like he didn't know where he was.

"What time is it?" He whined, moving closer to me. He nuzzled his face deeper in my neck to block out the sunlight.

"It's a quarter after eight, my class starts at nine," I told him. He opened his eyes and seemed more awake at that statement. I felt his eyelashes flutter against my skin and it made me smile. I have got to be crazy right now, right?

"But a few more minutes, I promise I'll wake up at 8:25," he pleaded, "I just wanna cuddle with you all day."

"I know, but we can't. I have class."

He fell back asleep with his head on my chest and I sighed. I was content like this. I looked around and saw my phone on the other side of the bed near Colby's. I was able to grab it and saw that it was at 24%. I opened my snapchat and took a picture of him laying on me. It was so cute. This moment reminded me of countless times in high school when my dog—who was 55 pounds keep in mind—would lay on my lap while I was getting my shoes on to try to stop me from going to school.

I scrolled through Instagram until 8:20 then looked at him again.

"Colby, we should probably leave soon."

He didn't respond to me so I rolled my eyes.

"Colby, baby, I have class really soon."

At the sound of me saying baby, he jolted awake again. I don't know why he does that. He's such a weirdo.

"I like it when you call me baby," he mumbled.

I chuckled, "You're so sleep drunk. You would never be saying this to me out loud if you were fully alert and awake."

He groaned and rolled over away from me. He made weird noises as he stretched out, then he finally came to terms with reality.

"It's so early."

"I know, I'm sorry."

He shook his head, "It's not your fault. Classes are important. 'M just tired."

"I know," I played with his hair while he sat up. He took a good while to fully wake up, but I was patient. He didn't bother changing his clothes, and neither did I. If I was fully awake and alert, I totally would. We put on our shoes and started walking out the door.