Nine

Chapter Nine

For the first time in forever, I had naturally woken up before Colby. I grabbed my phone from the floor and went to my socials immediately. It was eleven in the morning. I scrolled through Twitter first. I saw a thread between Kevin and Kat. Devyn was tweeting about something. I scroll down a little more and see a tweet from Colby. The tweet was from 3:52am, which means Colby didn't fall asleep when I did.

@ColbyBrock: it's hard not to think about you, late at night

@LeslieNicole: @ColbyBrock yeah because I'm sleeping next to you dummy <3

Colby's phone pinged as soon as I sent that tweet. I went onto Instagram after that and watched all my Instagram stories. Finally, I got to Colby's. There were still clips from filming yesterday. Near the end of the parts, there was a blurry picture of Colby driving last night. I assumed it was when we went to my campus. I don't remember him taking that though. I click through to the next one and it's a picture of us. Colby has his head in the nook of my neck, leaning his head against mine. He was smiling toothily with his eyes closed as I was fast asleep. He captioned it with three black hearts. Sounds like him.

I picked out a photo from our date night. It was a candid Colby got of me pointing at the stars and smiling. It was super cute. I decided to lay low on the couple photos. Though I'm sure the fans would love it, I didn't want to drown my feed in them.

@leslienicole: i said the stars were pretty, but you said i was prettier

I gave Colby picture credits too and tagged him on his knee since it was showing in the photo. I didn't know how else to pass the time. After getting into a thread with Kevin about me having to get "exposed", I carefully slid out of Colby's embrace. I grabbed a pair of ripped mom jeans off the couch along with a loose gray top. I decided to go for a more soft look today. I had dressed a little more edgy throughout the week and whereas that is a big part of me, I can be soft sometimes too.

I went into the bathroom and changed. I rolled up the end of my jeans and tied my shirt in a knot over my belly button. As I was walking out of the room, I ran straight into Sam. Neither of us were paying attention.

"Hi Sam," I greeted, gripping Colby's door knob in my hand.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much," I said, glancing back at the door.

"You coming downstairs?"

I nodded, "I'll be down in a few."

He replied with an okay and went into the bathroom as I entered Colby's room. He still wasn't awake. I threw all my clothes onto the couch, not bothering to fold them. My eyes felt puffier than usual this morning. It was probably because I was crying last night.

I sat down next to Colby, propping the pillow against the backboard of the bed to cushion my back. He instinctively wrapped his arms around my legs, probably thinking it was my torso. I smiled and went onto my phone. Over the next five minutes, he progressively got closer to me, and ended up laying his head on my lap. I took a picture of him, he was so cute. Then I took another picture of me playing with his hair.

My phone was blowing up with notifications so much that I had to turn off the ringer. There were notifications from Twitter and Instagram coming in from left to right. It was insane the amount that were coming in. It was ping after ping. I went onto Instagram to check my mentions. I was being tagged in this one account's post by at least ten people every second. Someone really wanted me to see this. I clicked on one of the mentions to go to the post. It was a blurry picture of a male and a female. You couldn't really see the faces, but I knew who they were. It was Colby and I. I only knew that because it was us, but it was so hard to tell. Just by the caption of this photo, I assumed it was easier to tell me apart than Colby. More of my face was showing.