Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

    I woke up to the ringing of an iPhone alarm. I don't remember setting mine so I bolted straight up in fear that I missed my classes. I reached over Colby's torso to grab the phone and turn off the alarm. It was eight in the morning and I internally thanked Colby for setting an alarm on his phone. It completely slipped my mind last night and I definitely would have overslept if it wasn't for him. He was still dead asleep. What if he has to get up for a meeting or something? Does Sam have to hit him over the head with a frying pan to wake him up every morning?

    I slipped out of his embrace in order to make my way to the wardrobe. I didn't have to worry about waking Angie because she had something to do for her class at five in the morning on Mondays. I stripped free of my pajamas and put on a pair of black cargo pant styled joggers. Then, I stepped into a plain orange tube top. I brushed out my hair and put a plain black beanie over it to hide how disgusting my natural hair was.

    After packing my bag for my first class, I debated waking up Colby. I'd be back by one at the latest and I honestly don't think he'll be up by then. I'll just let him sleep. It looked like he had gotten a bit of sleep during break and I was glad. I knew he didn't get much with the casts on because it was so uncomfortable. I mean, it was hard to sleep with him when he had them on and I wasn't even the one wearing them. It was like having rocks superglued to your body.

    I kissed Colby gently on the forehead and smiled at him one last time before leaving. I locked up the room and headed out of the dormitory to my first class. Angie won't mind if I leave Colby in there alone. I think she's comfortable with him by now. It's been almost three months since we started dating, she better be okay with him after all this time.

    On the way to my first class—comparative anatomy and physiology—I bumped into Angela. I grabbed her shoulder and stopped her from walking.

    "Hey, Colby's sleeping in our room," I let her know. She glanced at her phone before locking it up and looking at me.

    "Alright, I won't wake sleeping beauty, I promise," she said, winking at me. We both broke down in a fit of chuckles. I let her get back to our dorm while I headed into my first class. While taking notes, I zoned out completely. My hand was jotting down what I was seeing but it wasn't clicking in my head. My mind was in a different place.

    I heard my phone buzz and it brought me back down to earth. After writing down all the notes from the current slide, I looked at who texted me.

        Colby: hey I'm gonna go out and grab some food, you want anything?

    I smiled at the text. He was so thoughtful. I had to wait until there was a break in the notes before I could respond to him. When my professor rambled on about the anatomy of a giraffe's neck, I discretely typed my response back on my phone.

        Leslie: i could really go for a chicken caesar salad rn

        Colby: but with ranch instead of caesar sauce?

        Leslie: you know me so well. i love you pls be safe

        Colby: i love you too

    The rest of the lesson went by aggravatingly slow. One of my bad traits is when I get really hungry, I just dream about the food I'm going to eat later on. I just wanted to go back to my room and eat.

    After my anatomy class, I had a three hour gap in between before my final class of the day. I was excited to finally go back to my dorm and have something to look forward to. I could spend time with Colby after weeks of not seeing him.