Eight

Chapter Eight

I woke up to something slimy crawling all over my body. My eyes shot open and I saw a huge yellow snake slithering all over Colby and I. Sam, and two other random people were standing around the bed. There were two cameras in our faces. Colby hadn't woken up yet, so I nudged him, nothing.

"Colby's the deepest sleeper ever," Sam said, letting the camera person and the other guy know.

"I know how to wake him," I said, not really being bothered by the snake. I used to catch garden snakes when I was younger. Though this is an extremely large upgrade, I've never been afraid of snakes.

"Baby," I said towards Colby's ears. His eyes fluttered open at the sound of that.

"Oh come on! He can wake up to that but not a giant snake? That's not fair," Sam grumbled, "I've never found anything to get him up that quickly and here waltz in you who can just call him baby?" Sam sarcastically spewed. I knew he wasn't actually angry, you could tell by the tone of his voice.

At the sound of 'a giant snake', Colby turned away from me and looked towards the python trying to slither under his bed. He freaked out more than I did. After filming the clip for Sam's channel, the guy was able to get the snake from out of the bed and started bringing him downstairs. The camera person followed after him.

"When were you planning on posting that?" Colby asked.

"My next upload date," he replied.

"You can't post that, please. Give us more time?" I said.

"C'mon!" He exasperated, laughing. He left the room muttering about how the word 'baby' from my mouth was able to wake Colby up quicker than when he threw a ball pit ball at his face.

"The girlfriend has the magic touch!" Colby called after him. I put my hands over my face and started chuckling.

"Is this always how waking up in the house goes?"

"You're never safe in the trap house during a mega prank war," he told me.

We laid in bed for a little while longer. Apparently a giant snake didn't give us enough energy to get up. He coddled me closer and I kissed his chin because I couldn't reach his lips.

"On a serious note though," I began, "When do you actually want to announce us dating? Because we can't hide it forever. The boys are always filming and we've been caught being a couple in Aaron's video, and now Sam's. We can't keep forcing them to not post. It's their content too," I felt bad for Sam. He had nothing to upload now.

"It's all up to you. I was okay with announcing it the second we got together."

I sat there in silence thinking for a minute or two, "How are we announcing it?" I asked. Maybe we should just say it. Sam needed his upload, so did Aaron. Fair is far.

"Do you wanna do something simple like an Instagram post? Or we could make a video?"

"I like the Instagram post better. We could post a picture of us being couple-y, then have a small caption. Short and sweet. I feel like that represents who we are more than a video."

He nodded and asked when. I told him we could do it today; he took that as a cue to do it now. I didn't care.

Leslie: you can post your vid, we're announcing it today :)

Sam: nice!!

Colby picked out a photo of us cuddling. It was one from Thursday where I fell asleep on his lap when he was editing. It definitely showed us as a couple. It was goofy, with Colby sticking his tongue trying to lick my hair, and me sleeping. We definitely weren't friends in this photo, that's for sure.