Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

    Life seemed to be changing at a rapid speed since summer hit. I've officially gotten my bachelor's degree in biology with heavy studying in pre-vet. I decided to take a break from school for a year to work on my YouTube career. Hopefully taking a gap year will allow me to save up enough money to go to medical school. I didn't want to stop at just being a vet-tech. I wanted to go farther.

    Colby didn't mind me taking a break. In fact, he's the one that brought it up in the first place. I might still pick up a job as a vet-tech to get more experience before vet school. It'll look better for me. Veterinary school is way more competitive than normal medical school since there's only twenty six colleges that offer it in America. I graduated valedictorian in my class though, so I don't think getting accepted will be a problem. Hopefully I can get into one in California though, or I'll have to move away from Colby for four years. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

    My YouTube channel is doing pretty good. I think the collabs with everyone in the friend group helps. I also think Kevin exposing me helped me gain quite a bit. Apparently I was the first YouTuber on his exposed series to not use a single skip. My life is pretty uneventful and I don't mind sharing certain things with people, so it wasn't terrible. Maybe being on Kian and Jc's YouTube channel for the box challenge—and winning $3,000 might I add—had something to do with me being at 500k right now. I turned around and spent the money I won to invest in a nice DSLR camera. Colby helped me pick one out. My goal by the end of the gap year is to hit one million, which I think is really doable if I keep gaining the way I have. All my friends say I've been growing faster than normal. I mean, I've only had my YouTube channel since Colby and I started dating. And that's what? Eight or nine months now. I didn't realize how close our one year anniversary is.

    "This isn't a good idea," I said apprehensively, handing over Colby's car keys to Elton. There was a tow truck here to take Colby's car and ship it to Texas for TFIL's TX trip. Sam and Colby were in Hawaii right now spending time with some friends from Kansas. Colby's going to be so upset when he finds out that Elton took his beloved car. Elton would've taken it anyway though, whether I helped or not.

    "Do you think I took it too far?" Elton asks, looking between Colby's car being pulled onto the tow truck and me. Honestly, I was really sad to see the car though. It's gotten me through so many trips, to and fro school. It's taken Colby and I on so many dates, so many hiking trails, travel to so many places. I mean, on weekends off from school, we traveled to so many different cities that I've always wanted to see.

    "Maybe just a bit," I responded. He played with the 'colby' sticker in his hand as we watched the tow truck drive away with the car. Now I'll be carless for the next few days. More like a few weeks, but it's fine. I do have plenty of friends that have cars. Tara's not usually busy, so I could always ask her to take me somewhere. I don't know what Elton's plan is in terms of getting Colby a new car. He was very secretive about that. I know that Colby's been wanting a new car for awhile. He's just been too afraid to since he didn't want to upset his parents; they got the Corolla for him and are still paying his car insurance.

    "I'm going to write a note and stick the sticker to your guys' door," Elton informed me, waving maniacally to the Corolla. I pouted a bit.

    "You're so evil, Elty," I rolled my eyes and started to walk away. He followed me. All's I heard the entire way to the elevator was his high pitched laughter. Glad he was getting a kick out of this. I'm going to have to be the one to pick Colby up when he's down about his car being gone. Elton will be in Texas. For a week. Colby comes back tomorrow. Fun.

    I unlocked the apartment with my keys, then turned around to close the door behind Elton. He looked around the place and nodded. This was the first time he was seeing it since Colby moved in. Our group always congregates to Sam's apartment—and sometimes Jake's when he's filming a video—so no one ever comes to ours. Except for Sam and the girls. Sam's apartment is like the boys' hangout. Colby and I's apartment is the girls' hangout.