Seven

Chapter Seven

    I had a dream that my dog had turned into a robber baron from the Toy Story 3 playstation 3 game. Safe to say that was definitely the weirdest thing my mind has ever come up with. I snoozed my alarm and turned off the rest of them before getting out of bed. I refrained from getting on my phone at all. I needed to get ready and get to class. I'll go on it when I have enough free time to do so. Probably not till after three when classes are done.

    I took my outfit into careful consideration this morning. Colby was picking me up right after my last class, so I didn't want to look sloppy for our first date. I pulled out bottom after bottom and top after top, trying to find the perfect outfit. I didn't want to go all out and doll myself up. I wanted to stay pretty casual. Yet, I didn't want to look like a bum either. I didn't want to wear a skirt because I felt like it was too dressy. I kind of wanted to know what Colby was planning on wearing but there was absolutely no way he'd be up. I feel like I wear too much black. Maybe I should wear color to balance out the dark colors I know Colby will be wearing. Am I putting too much thought into this? Yes, most definitely. Are we going to get fire photos later on because I put a lot of thought into my outfit? Also yes.

    Finally I had decided on an outfit. I wanted to be comfy more than anything so I decided on a pair of washed skinny jeans. They were a lighter colored black since they gave off a vintage type 'worn a lot' feel. They had two gaping holes in the knees while the rest of the denim was untouched. There was a chain on each side hanging off of the right and left belt loop, then clipping on the back ones. I paired it with a tight white halter top, then threw a distressed denim jacket over it in case I got cold. By the time I got done throwing together this outfit, it was time to head to class. I tied on a pair of black Doc Marten knock off platform boots.

    I put my phone charger into a pocket in my backpack, then put my phone in my back pocket. I did the same with my keys, allowing the teddy bear to hang out, adding elemental affects to the outfit. I hastily put on a silver necklace and some silver rings before running out the door.

    Classes went by as boring as usual. I did get an increased amount of complements on my outfit though. My last class ended early because the professor had family matters to tend to. I took that as God's given to go fix up my hair for the date. I hadn't done a thing to it, not even brush it. I realized that after I had left this morning.

    I unlocked my room and tended to my hair. I brushed it, straightened it, then threw a plain black beanie over it. I felt as though the outfit wouldn't be complete without the hat. Not to be conceded, but I looked amazing. It's as put together as I've looked in months. Maybe I could've looked this good for the party last week too.

        Colby: I'm outside <3

    I left him on read as I grabbed the usual things and headed out the door. As I approached his car, I pushed my arms to their full span and spun in a circle to show off my outfit to him. He sarcastically put his tongue out and waved his hand as if to cool off from a hot summer day. I laughed and jogged to the car.

    "Damn girl, are you looking hot or what?" He said, laughing as I did a hair flip. He turned his attention to getting out of the parking lot without hitting anything as I put on the radio.

    "What's the plan?" I asked.

    "Well, I was thinking we could go back to the house and see if one of the roommates will get pictures of us. Maybe in front of the car."

    "You wanna take some car pics?" I asked, chuckling. It was actually a really good idea, but I wanted to mock him a little bit for it.

    "Hey, she's just as much apart of our date as we are," he laughed and I rolled my eyes. Never a dull moment with Colby Brock, I swear.