Chapter 2: we need to move.

"Okay I need every second of what happened. Every single second, every detail, don't leave a thing out." She tugs me off the floor and I walk myself to the couch, grabbing the soft blanket and wrapping myself in a cocoon, the only skin visible now being my face. I tell her every detail, up to the second I screamed her name, and my sentence ends in a pout.
    "You didn't tell him your name! Bitch are you stupid? That's Harry Fucking Styles!" She points to the door, and she looks annoyed at me.
    "That's exactly why I can't tell him my name!!! Go look at my youtube right now! Go pull it up!" I point at her.
    "Luce I watch every youtube video you post I don't need to p-"
    "PULL IT UP NOW!" I yell and she groans and pulls her phone out, typing in my name and clicking on my channel. "Read the title of the last video, do it now!"
    "Drag Me Down, music video analysis." She mumbles, very unamused.
    "And the video before that?" I ask.
    "One Direction horoscope signs, and if they are true." She groans out.
    "AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT?" I yell this time, still panicking.
    "Okay! Okay I get it, I understand why, but what are you going to do? He's going to find out sooner or later, and-" We are both interrupted by a knock on the door, my eyes go wide and I push Cora off the couch to go answer but she just falls right on her ass and glares at me, pulling herself up to go answer the door. She hardly opens it, and stands in the doorway smiling.
    "Hi!" She beams, she's never this smiley, I know it's him, it has to be.
    "Hi, well, kind of an odd question but I just ran into a girl, short, blonde, I was wondering if I could speak with her?" His voice is so fucking sexy, literally, it sends chills down my spine, I'm hearing him speak, he's only a few feet away and I'm sitting on my couch hiding under a huge wool blanket. Cora looks at me from the corner of her eye and I shake my head no and mouth "TELL HIM TO GO AWAY."
    "Um, she's not here right now." She tells him and it gets quiet for a second.
    "I'm pretty sure she just walked back in though, I watched her from the street after we, um, talked?" He laughs a bit and I feel my ovaries twist into a million knots, holy fuck.
    "Oh I meant she's not here like in this room, she's in the bathroom." I throw my hands up at her response and mouth "BITCH WHAT THE FUCK!"
    "I mean she's mowing the lawn." A pause in the conversation once again.
    "There's no one out here..." He laughs again and I could punch Cora in the face right now, truly.
    "I meant she's shaving her cat, that's what we call mowing the lawn." She laughs and I throw a pillow at her, but I miss and it hits the lamp by the door, it crashes to the floor with a loud shattering noise.
    "What was that?" His deep voice speaks again, causing yet another heart spasm on my end.
    "Our cat!" She answers fast.
    "I thought you said she was shaving your cat?" He asks and I face palm for her.
    "Our other cat! We love cats!" She laughs nervously and I continue to listen.
    "Can you at least tell me her name?" He asks and Cora opens her mouth to speak and I yell out.
    "CORA!" She looks back at me with relieved eyes.
    "That's her! She must need help shaving the cat, haha, haha. Nice meeting you! Bye!" She slams the door in his face and lets out a huge breath and I run to her tackling her.
    "YOU BITCH! You tried to send him away by telling him I was taking a shit? WHAT KIND OF FRIEND ARE YOU!" I continue to throw soft hits at her and we back into the kitchen.
    "It was the first thing I could think of! He's Harry Styles, it's hard to think when you're talking to him!" She defends as she runs from me.
    "So you tell him I'm on the toilet! Smart move! Then you tell him we have two cats! I'm allergic to cats!" I yell at her and she's on the opposite side of the island in the middle of the kitchen.
    "Okay, listen, it's not that bad!" She argues back, holding her hands out.
    "Not that bad? NOT THAT BAD? Bitch my childhood obsession, is my neighbor, and I can't tell him my name or he'll get a restraining order filed against me!" I yell whisper, afraid he might still be close enough to hear me.
    "Well technically he's not your childhood obsession considering you're still obsessed with him." She argues and I throw my body onto the couch with a loud thud.
    "That's not the point. The point is, we have to move. Right now." I speak into the cushion, my voice muffled.
    "We are not moving Luce, he's a busy guy, he'll probably never be around!" I feel the couch sink down and I groan as loudly as I can into the couch and then pull myself up so I can see her.
    "Can you do me a favor?" I ask and she nods, sitting up, looking at me intently.
    "Can you go and open my bedroom window for me?" I ask, sitting back into the couch.
    "Yea sure, why?" She stands up and starts for the stairs.
    "So I can jump out of it." I mumble and she glares.
    "Oh my god, stop. Just finish making your video, you have to post today anyways." She comes back over and starts to pull me off of the couch.
    "I cannot finish that video today. There is no way, not after what happened." I admit.
    "So what are you going to do?" She asks, finally getting me off the couch, I leave the blanket behind once I'm standing up.
    "I plan on trying your methods, dance in my room, sing at the top of my lungs to forget about it, and continue to watch him and let him flood my basement from afar." I stand on the top step, and turn back to her.
    "It works pretty well, sometimes better than therapy." She shrugs, letting me walk up the stairs. Once I'm in my room and I close the door and lock it, setting my phone down on the large white vanity table and turning the sound system on, my phone automatically pairing. I click the fangirl playlist and the first song that plays is Best Song Ever by One Direction, and I skip it instantly, groaning out loud. Black Magic by Little Mix is next, perfect. I start to jump around my room, my singing flooded out by the music, which is overpowering everything right now.
    "Take a sip of my secret potion, I'll make you fall in love." I point to myself, ignoring my fangirl wall behind me, my normal video set up is here, pictures of Harry, and all the other boys, along with multiple other bands clutter my walls too.
    "Boy you belong to me! I got the recipe, and it's called Black Magic!" I scream out, jumping up and down, my hairbrush somehow found its way into my hands as I sing and I start twirling around my room, opening my eyes and stopping in my tracks. My open blinds reveal the window next to mine, blinds also open and a shirtless Harry laughing to himself. Wait, no, he's not fucking laughing at himself, he's laughing at me. He gives me a wave and I know I look like  deer caught in headlights. I give a single wave with a nervous smile and walk to the window, closing my blinds, then my curtains, and I could cry right here, right now. I grab my blankets, my charger, and my phone, walking out of my room, down the hall and into Cora's room. When I open the door and start setting my things down she looks at me and sits up.
    "What are you doing?" She asks.
    "Moving in. There have been some complications and I will no longer be staying in my own room." I tell her simply.
    "Lucy, no you're not. My room, key word MINE, get out." She puts my stuff in my hands and turns me back around, pushing my with her foot towards the door.
    "You hate me." I mutter.
    "I love you bitch." She laughs back and I'm glad she finds my early life crisis amusing. This is it, I'm going to die, this will kill me. I stomp down the stairs, annoyed that my bedroom party was interrupted by a certain boy. A certain famous boy, who was also shirtless, who is also my neighbor, oh my fucking sweet baby jesus. I scream at the top of my lungs and rest my head on the countertop. Why me? That's all I need to know is why me, of all people, he had to move in next to me.
My mind travels to the video, my camera sits there, untouched from when I had left it around an hour ago, I do really need to post a video tonight, and of course I really need to listen to Made In The A.M. It's my favorite band, despite the fact that he's my neighbor, he's still a part of my favorite band, therefore I need to stay loyal. I just need to pretend he's not literally 100 feet away and I'll be fine. I sit back down in front of the camera and turn it on.
    "Sorry for the change in lighting! Some stuff distracted me but I'm here! I decided that we are going to skip past the singles, because you all have seen my reactions to those, so the next song up is called End Of The Day!" I start the song and hear his voice once more. I throw my head back once I do. "I swear if they start every song with him singing I will have a heart attack by the end of this video, that's a promise." I point at the camera and continue to listen.
    "Nothing left to do, just me, her, and the moon," His voice sounding so pure and clean I gasp at the lyrics.
    "Oh sweet baby jesus, there is nothing more perfect than that line, change my mind, you can't." I tell them and continue on, listening to every song on the album, almost dying to every single one of them. I take a deep breath after A.M and wipe my tears away.
    "I don't know why that song just made me emotional but it did. Probably Zayn, I 100% believe that was about him, and God I miss him so much. Ugh, okay let me wipe my face, then I'll continue." I press pause on the footage and clean myself up a bit, then sit back down.
    "Okay overall, this album is everything to me, literally they did an amazing job. Best song in my personal opinion is Hey Angel, it literally took my breath away, and least favorite has to be Long Way Down, it was still good, just not the best, I don't know, it just doesn't meet the mark for me, but trust me when I say, I will be listening to every single song on here a thousand times over. I'm just lucky my roomate likes them almost as much as I do." I laugh and look at the CD cover, sighing. "Well that's it for this video, keep checking back for more! And don't forget to buy and stream this album until you physically can't anymore!" I turn the camera off and clean up the set up, not letting my mind wander to the elephant in the room, or should I say the elephant next door. It takes me about two hours to edit the footage and get it up and posted, within minutes my notifications are going crazy all over instagram, twitter, and youtube.
    I throw myself onto my bed and Cora peeks her head in.
    "You okay now?" She asks and I nod my head yes.
    "Just pretending it didn't happen, avoiding him will be my new hobby, he's not allowed to know my name, under any circumstances." I point at her and she nods her head and salutes to me. I laugh and she closes the door, leaving me to be alone with my thoughts. My phone starts to go crazy while it vibrates and I click the green button once I see my brothers name.
    "Hey Ian." I mumble.
    "Wow, what's the sad voice for? Need me to beat someone up?" he laughs and I sigh again.
    "No, absolutely not." I think of Harry, I would disown my brother if he ever laid a hand on Harry's beautiful face, hair, or body.
    "What's going on? You and Cora fighting?" He asks, and it sounds like he's doing something, but he's definitely struggling.
    "No, I met our neighbor and things are just complicated, I'll have to tell you in person." I tell him.
    "Well perfect, I called because I'm trying to make a thing for this youtube video, but I'm kind of stupid so it's not working out, can you possibly come help me, you're a girl, you're good at baking right?" He asks and I roll my eyes though he can't even see me.
    "That's rude to assume I'm good at baking just because I'm a girl." I scold him.
    "Okay whatever, can you help or not? I need to edit this video tonight and have it posted by tomorrow." He grumbles into the phone and I get up from my bed.
    "Yes I'll be over in a few minutes, I just need to figure out what Cora is doing for dinner then I'll be there." I tell him.
    "Tell her to come too, she's always welcome, you know that." He chimes in, still struggling with whatever he's doing on the other line.
    "Yea sure I'll let her know." She's not going to come, she would never say yes, but he doesn't need to know that. I hang up the phone and throw my hair up, throw my shoes on and grab my keys, starting towards Coras door. "Hey C, I'm headed to Ian's to help him with a video, he said you're welcome to come if you want." She shoots her head right at me.
    "No. Absolutely not. I said he can flood my basement from afar, not from the same room while we share eye contact, not happening sis." She looks back down to her laptop and shoos me from my room. I guess it's kind of weird that both my brother and I have millions of subscribers on youtube, it kind of helps our brand, but we don't come close to posting any of the same content. It's not really odd though because we live in L.A. Everyone here is a youtuber. It's hard for our parents to explain to all their work friends back in Ohio, where we grew up. They still live their, working, and living normal lives, while me and Ian live the dream on the West Coast. We both love it too, some days we can just go to the beach for fun, Hollywood is right down the road, it's always sunny, I mean for christs sake I'm next door neighbors with Harry Styles. SHIT!  I'm next door neighbors with Harry Styles. I forgot.
    I take my hand away from the door and walk to the front window again. I look out, scanning my yard and the surrounding edges of it, scanning to see if anyone is passing by. I don't see anyone and go back to the door, cracking it and looking out again. No one. I peek my my head out and stretch to see if I can see anyone and still no one, so I step outside and walk to the light blue Bronco, which is still missing its top from the last beach adventure. I run to it, trying my best not to get caught, and I jump in, starting the engine and backing out quickly, driving down the street and away from Mr. Harry Styles, the source of all my happiness, and all my undying amounts of stress.