Chapter 8: fanfiction.

A/N: Harry and Lucy side by side. I hope you all like the girl picked for Lucy, she seemed like a perfect fit in my mind idk man.

I've noticed that every day Harry seems to come home with a new car, parking it inside his garage. He's got three inside, and right now a Tesla parked out front.
    "How many cars does this fucker have?" Cora has grocery bags on each arm, and so do I as I load up.
    "My two favorite neighbors, here let me help you." I turn to see Harry jogging up the driveway, wearing his regular running clothes. He tries to take the paper bags from my arms but I dodge his attempt and a smirk grows on his face.
    "I've got it." I smile back.
    "Here you go." Cora dumps all her bags onto him and Harry takes them, I can't help but glare at her. "What? He offered." She shrugs and heads into the house.
    "It's fine, I offered." He follows me into the house and we continue in. It's been three days since Harry tried to kiss me, and we haven't hung out at all, nor seen each other, and I also realize we don't talk outside of us hanging out because neither of us have each others numbers. I'm somewhat relieved he's here right now, mostly because after we hang out my mind goes wild, wondering if he'll change his mind and flip a switch thinking I'm some crazy bitch.
    "Just set them right here." I tell him, placing my bags on the counter, waiting for him to do the same. He sets them on the counter and puts his hands on his hips, taking a deep breath.
    "Can I get some water?" He asks, still out of breath from the run. I move to the cabinet, pulling out a glass and turning to him.
    "How have you been?" I ask, moving to the fridge and filling up the glass.
    "We were in New York last night, we did a press thing there, so I'm not going to lie, I'm tired." He takes the water from my hand and drinks almost all of it, not taking his eyes from me.
    "You were in New York and I didn't even know?" I ask pulling my phone out, going straight to the update accounts I follow, without even realizing what I'm doing. "Shit I'm sorry. I forget that I don't really need to do this, you live next door, I know where you are most of the time." I shut my phone off and he holds his hands out.
    "Wait, pull that up again." I do and hand him my phone. He starts scrolling on the instagram page and he looks shocked for a second.
    "Bloody hell it's like they have trackers on us." He mumbles.
    "Yea, the fandom gets a little crazy. Not all fans are like that though." I defend and he hands my phone back to me.
    "I'm pretty sure there are people who know my blood type. I'm not going to lie, I don't even know my blood type." He laughs and I muster up a fake laugh.
    "Lucy knows your blood type." Cora walks past us and goes straight for the door.
    "Hey Cora?" I ask, stopping her.
    "Yea Luce?" She turns back, her purse on her shoulder and her keys in hand.
    "You probably shouldn't go to sleep tonight, at least not here." I tell her and she cocks her head to the side.
    "Wait why?" She looks for an answer.
    "Because you might wake up without eyebrows." I smile a fake smile, and wave her goodbye. She touches her eyebrows and looks at me.
    "I would look like a naked mole rat without my eyebrows, you wouldn't fucking dare." She argues back.
    "Oh... trust me, I would. Now get out of here before I get a head start. Go on." I motion and she walks out the door.
    "You two have such an odd friendship. There's so much banter." He laughs and I almost forget he's there.
    "It's all playful, it comes from love I promise, but she deserved that one for ratting me out." I mumble, putting some of the groceries away.
    "Speaking of... you know my blood type?" Everytime I fangirl, or he sees this side of me, he gets this look of amusement, and his eyes light up in a way I don't see any other time. He enjoys it.
    "In my defense I learned this information when I lived in Ohio, I was also eighteen at the time, so I thought it was information I would need to know, and it has never been needed, no worries, I will try to block it out." I tell him.
    "What's my blood type?" He asks.
    "I will not tell you that." I don't look at him.
    "Come on, tell me, what's my blood type?" He stops me, grabbing me by my shoulders, I swear he will be the death of me.
    "Harry, I said-" He tilts my face in his direction.
    "Lucy if you don't tell me right now so help me God I will kiss you!"
    "It's B positive." I mutter, moving out of his grasp and his jaw drops.
    "Ouch, that one kind of hurt." He mumbles, and places his hand over his heart.
    "What? Is Harry Styles not used to a girl turning down a kiss?" I ask and look up to him, raising one of my eyebrows.
    "Lucy, you're going to drive me mad. Absolutely mad." He laughs and I throw the bags in the trash. "Are you comfortable in that?" He asks, motioning to my outfit.
    "Uhm yea wh-" I am cut off by him tugging me. I fall forward and he lets go, knowing I'm following behind at this point.
    "Where am I going?" I close the door behind me, walking through my yard into his.
    "With me." He tells me.
    "Obviously I'm going with you, but where with you?" I ask and we walk through his front door, both of us kicking off our shoes.
    "Stop asking me questions." He whines, and I know I should just stop asking because he's not going to tell me. I feel like we might be going onto the roof again when we enter his bedroom but I'm wrong once again when he stops. He takes my hand in his and pulls me onto his bed instantly. I wish I saw this coming, that way I could have fought my way out of this.
"Harry Edward Styles, what do you think you're doing?" I pull myself up and he grabs my shoulder, stopping me.
"Wait! Wait, no it's not like that! I'm tired, just lay with me, we can talk about books-I've been wanting to talk to you about books." He tells me and I sigh. I'm breaking so many rules, I mean there was no rule about being in his bed, but it should have been, and it's a mental rule now, because I SHOULD NOT BE IN HIS BED!!!!  It's fine Lucy, if you stand your ground and don't let anything happen it will be fine. I lay on my side and look at him.
"Sure, you brought me in bed with you to talk about books." I mumble with a smirk.
"I'm serious Lucy, I really am tired. If it makes you uncomfortable then we can go to the couch, or on the roof or wherever else." He tells me and I feel a thousand times more comfortable.
"I believe you, I'm only joking Harry." I laugh and he groans.
"I can't tell when you're joking. Okay, so books." he sits up on his elbows, not letting his eyes leave me.
"Books." I repeat and I can see the books on the low shelves across his room, he has a decent collection from what I can see.
"What do you read?" He asks, I read fanfiction, but I'm not going to tell him that.
"A lot of stuff." I tell him bluntly, shit, I didn't think about this.
"Wait. Wait wait wait, please tell me you don't read that.. That fan sex book stuff. Oh God Lucky, I swear-" I'm trying to hide my face but he stops when he looks at me, and I know I failed.
"Oh God that was the one thing I wanted to keep a secret, please don't judge me." I cover my hands over my eyes and I feel his hands take mine away so he can look at me.
"I'm not judging you. I will never judge you." his hair hangs over me, he's fucking leaning over me right now, god I want to kiss him so badly. NO YOU DON'T! No, no, no, we don't think things like that Lucy, that leads to bad bad things. "I had assumed when you said you like reading that you liked actual books." He leans back, no longer hovering over me and I feel like I can breathe.
"Fanfiction is just as good as any actual book I have read. Don't hate on it till you
read it yourself, which I know you won't, therefore you can't say a word." I tell him, thinking of all the good fanfictions I have read.
    "Okay, explain some to me." He tells me and I'm shocked, does he actually mean it? I look at him and he motions for me to talk.
    "Well my favorites aren't really about you as you, they're more just using your face and look for a character, like After, and Malignant, but there is one that's actually about the real you, or who they imagine the real you to be, and now that I know the real you, they were very wrong, but either way that one is called Medley, and it's incredible." I tell him and he looks at me in disbelief.
    "I'm having a hard time believing you." He yawns out.
    "Read one and maybe you'll believe me then." I look to him and his hair falls in his face. I lean forward, pushing the hair out of his face softly, my fingers grazing his face at the exact same time that our eyes meet and I feel scared, nervous for the first time since I first spent time with him. He doesn't move his eyes from me and I force myself to turn away, ignoring the warmth spreading in my chest. "If you're tired then go to sleep, I don't mind I promise." I tell him, sitting up. He leans down to me, pressing his head to my shoulder and closing his eyes.
    "Will you be here when I wake up?" He asks and I nod.
    "I'll be here when you wake up." I tell him.
    "You know, as long as you don't write that crazy fan book stuff then I don't see it being weird." He yawns and I'm so glad he can't see my face because it would be a dead giveaway. Shit. I watch him on me and I wait till his chest rises and falls evenly and I shimy away from him, slipping out onto the balcony and getting straight on my phone. I dial Cora and pray she answers.
    "Hello?" I ask her as soon as I hear the phone pick up.
    "Where are you?" She asks.
    "Harry's room, but I have a favor to ask and it's really important, so don't ask me what I'm doing in Harry's room, I promise I will tell you later, but just do what I ask, please." I beg
    "Okay what is it?" She asks, her full attention on me now.
    "You're home right?" I ask
    "Yes." She sounds annoyed.
    "Okay, go into my room." I tell her, and I hear her walking.
    "I'm in your room, now what?" She asks and I look behind me to make sure Harry is still sleeping.
    "Okay, do you see my laptop sitting on the bed?" I ask and I hear her mumble something.
    "Yes I have it, now what?" She asks.
    "Okay first I need you to go on my wattpad, same password as my instagram, and I need you to delete every story, deactivate my account, and delete the internet from my laptop, also go and wipe every document I have clean, also can you then take my laptop into the garage, grab the sledgehammer and smash it until it's turned into dust. That's it, simple." I tell her.
    "Lucy. What the hell is wrong with you?" She mumbles again.
    "I need you to do what I say Cora, this is important!" I yell but lightly enough to where Harry won't wake up.
    "I will delete all of the stuff from wattpad but I will not break your laptop. Goodbye." She disconnects the call and I go back into Harry's room, skimming the books on the shelves. I pick up a good one, one I've read too many times, The Great Gatsby. Harry's copy is worn down at the spine, almost every page has a fold in it, coffee mug stains here and there, he must love this book just like I do.
I take it back to bed with me, sitting next to Harry, close enough but not touching him, not wanting to wake him up. I sit reading for a few minutes until Harry shifts and his arms find my body, slumping over me, his head nuzzling into my stomach. I don't touch him at first, just looking down at him, remembering rule three, but technically I didn't touch him, he touched me. I rest my arm on his back, the book still in my hand, and the other hand playing with the tear on the cover. Chapters pass until he shifts again and I look down at him as he does, his eyes blinking open.
    "Oh shit." He mumbles and I don't think I've heard him cuss once yet, he's probably so used to being in a boyband he hardly cusses at all anymore. He looks up at me, the sleepy eyes, the messy hair, fucking hell when does he look bad? Never, that's the answer, literally never has he looked bad a day in his life.
    "You're fine. I was just reading." I tell him, holding the book.
    "When did I get here?" He asks, motioning to the way he was sleeping.
    "About an hour ago. You kinda just rolled over, and I didn't want to wake you up so I just stayed put." I tell him.
    "Well what are you reading?" He asks me. I show him the cover. "Okay, read to me." He tells me.
    "Not to be that girl, but I think it might sound better in your voice." I look down at him. He sighs and pushes himself up.
    "Switch!" He shouts and as soon as he has the book in his hands he pulls me down, my head pressing to his chest, and my eyes go wide. I'm touching him, I have touched him way way way too much. This is bad, all bad. Come on Lucy, let loose, just don't kiss him, no kissing, cuddling is fine, this is fine, I'm fine. He holds the book in one hand, his other hand resting on my shoulder, making sure to hold me close to him, though I don't think I could get any closer. He reads the chapter out loud and I listen to the deep swoon in his voice, feeling his chest rising and falling, hearing the sound of his heart.
    "He hadn't once ceased looking at Daisy, and I think he revalued everything in his house according to the measure of response it drew from her well-loved eyes." I look at him as he reads, and I notice his eyes have been traveling from me to the pages of the book, and with it I know he's memorized what's on the pages. "Lucky, you're distracting me." He mumbles, finally keeping his eyes fixed on me.
    "I'm not even doing anything." I defend.
    "Your eyes, they're distracting me, they way you're looking at me." He tells me and he brushes my hair from my face, I try my hardest to act normal, but he notices my body tensing. "Why do you do that?" He asks and I move myself off of him, hating the cool air that finds me as soon as I'm not pressed to him.
    "Do what?" I ask, brushing my hair out of my face. He leans forward and his hand finds my face, his hands are so large and they cup the side of my face, the feeling taking my by surprise and I tense up again.
    "Do that." He mumbles, his voice getting soft and warm. I don't look at him, I refuse to look into his green eyes right now. "Look at me." He mutters, and I really don't want to but his voice, the softness in his tone, I do. I see his face and he continues to look at me with the same look he did, both times he tried to kiss me. He is thinking, contemplating, I can see it swirling in the sea of green.
He only moves an inch before I'm up and out of the bed, walking towards the door with my phone in hand. "Lucy, Lucy wait." I don't listen and walk right down the stairs and to the door. "Lucy, please wait!" He calls after me and I feel his warmth once again, grabbing my hand.
    "I have to go, goodnight Harry." I mumble and he doesn't let go of my hand.
    "Will I see you again?" He asks, his voice almost inaudible.
    "I- Goodnight Harry." I mumble, slipping away from him. I leave the door wide open, giving him the job of closing it behind me. I enter through the front door of my own house, Cora and Ian are on the couch in the dark, watching a movie.
    "Hey Luce- Lucy what's wrong?" Cora asks, sitting up instantly, noticing the tears pooled in my eyes, but I ignore her, not wanting to let my brother see me upset. I go to my bedroom, leaving the door open knowing she'll be following behind, but before she gets to me I wipe my tears, annoyed at myself that they're even there in the first place. "Lucy what happened?" She asks, barging into my room.
    "I like him Cora, I like him so much, and I know this is bad, this is such a bad idea because it's just going to hurt me. I'm the one that pushes people away when they get too close, but he's going to push me away, he will hurt me and I don't want to be hurt." I mutter, getting angrier and angrier at myself for feeling this way, and for these damn tears.
    "Aw Lucy, come here." She sits on my bed and she hugs me to her. I almost expect to hear someone knocking on the door, but he didn't knock on the door that night. He didn't knock at all.