Chapter 3: avoiding me.

A/N: this is the way I picture Lucy's room!!! The black and white picture is above her desk and the heart shaped pictures are going to be right next to her window. I'll post pictures of the way I imagine hers and Harry's houses in the next chapter!

"So you're not fucking with me? Harry Styles is really your neighbor?" My brother pulls out the weird concoction we both came up with for his video from the oven.
    "I wouldn't joke about this Ian, this is real life, this is actually happening." I tell him, sitting across from him and behind the camera, which is turned off at this point.
    "So shouldn't you be excited about this? You've been obsessed with him since you were like twelve." He's removing our creation from the pan, and it looks quite disgusting.
    "Twelve year old me dreamed of this, adult me, though still obsessed, can't be excited because my career is based off of his Ian, I'm literally successful from being obsessed with him and his band mates, so how is that going to work? If he found out, he would think I'm a fucking weirdo, and then my life would be over." I eye him and he's got a smirk on his lips. "It's not funny!" I yell and he laughs.
    "It's funny Lu, you just gotta act normal, he's just a normal guy, it's the same thing like when people meet us and freak out, it's probably happened more with him than us, but you know what it's like, you feel flattered but kind of... odd. I don't know you just don't want to make him feel uncomfortable in his own home." He starts to toy with the camera.
    "That's why I'm going to avoid him, and if I can't avoid him I'm just going to dance around questions about myself. The less he knows the better." I'm glad I've somewhat calmed down about this, though the thought of going home makes me sweat. I know that I can face this. Plus it'll be late by the time I get home, he'll probably be out at some club, or inside doing... What does Harry Styles do? I don't know, and I won't know either. Ian records the outro of his video and packs up the... cookies.. I guess?
    "Take these home with you, give them to Cora for me." He winks and I glare at him.
    "You better stop making jokes, I will not give these to Cora, why don't you give them to her yourself huh?" I ask, challenging him.
    "She'd probably pass out if I did." He laughs while taking his camera off the tripod.
    "Why do you say that?" I play dumb, trying to not give her away, though I think she already gave herself away.
    "You're kidding right? You know she's got a thing for me, I know you do, you two are best friends." He looks up at me and I hide my smile.
    "I don't know, I haven't noticed anything, but so what if she did have a thing for you, why would that be bad?" I challenge again, trying to get some insight.
    "I never said it would be bad, she's a beautiful girl, she's just never spoken to me, you two have lived together for two years, and I have never heard her speak to me, just kind of odd." He shrugs his shoulders and I decide it's my chance to go back home and sleep.
    "Maybe talk to her first, I don't know, either way I'm going back to her now, so just call me, or text me, or just show up, I don't care." I tell him, walking towards the front door.
    "Maybe I'll pay your neighbor a visit." He jokes and I turn back, glaring at him.
    "Do not joke about my husband." I point a warning finger and he puts his hand over mine, pushing it back down.
    "Just a tip, maybe don't say things like that anymore?" He tells me and I sigh, this is going to be hard as hell. I say goodbye and drive back to my neighborhood, and a question has been playing through my mind. Why did Harry move in next door to me? Of course we don't live in a dump, it's a nice neighborhood, but he can afford way more than that house, I know it. My neighborhood is simple for L.A. It reminds me of home in a weird way, but it's not anything for a multimillion dollar superstar, so why?
    I'm at ease driving to my house until I see him outside, sitting outside, just watching the sky. Why the fuck is he outside, why the fuck is he on the porch, in plain sight of me, now watching me pull up, now standing from his simple chair. Calm Lucy, calm, take deep breaths, just be normal, BE NORMAL! I yell at myself internally but smile as I get out of my car. He approaches, still in his own yard but turned right towards me, I approach a bit too, knowing he's going to say something.
    "Hi Harry." I don't wave because my hands are full of a tupperware of cookies, and my wallet, and phone.
    "Hi, I would say your name but I still don't know it, nor your housemate." He points towards my house and then puts his hands back in his back pockets, he seems... nervous? Shy? What do I say? What do I do, how do I answer without sounding like a complete fucking weirdo?
    "Uhm- I'm just a very private person." I lie, yea private, but I post my entire life on the internet and practically drool over you in everything I post.
    "So private I can't get a name?" He pushes. Good lord his voice, just speaking to me, a friendly conversation and I could melt right here. I'm ignoring the fact that my hands are profusely sweating, my heart is beating so hard I feel like you might be able to see it through my chest, and my mind is in a million and one different places right now. I nod and then shrug my shoulders. "How about a nickname? Come on, if we're going to be neighbors I need something." He smirks, HE FUCKING SMIRKS AT ME. Oh lord, this man owns my entire ass, literally all of it, belongs to him. That fucking dimple, I want to live in it, I want to pack up my shit and move into his dimple, claiming my residency there. "No?" He snaps me out of my thoughts, oh shit, I hope I wasn't staring, I probably was, shit.
    "Uhm a nickname, let me think." Not Luce, it's to similar to my name, not Lu, that would be easy to find out my name. What about my middle name? No, I hate my middle name, fuck.
    "You can call me Lucky." I blurt out, almost regretting it. Lucky was my nickname when I played Volleyball in high school, they said I was the charm of the team, and it's just like Lucy, just an extra letter.
    "Lucky? That's...interesting." He laughs and his hands are held behind his back, he's quite awkward, very cute when he's just having a normal conversation. Oh my Fuck I'm having a normal conversation with my baby daddy, no. No Lucy, he's a normal person, he's a plain guy, that's all he is, he's not THE Harry Styles, he's just a normal dude.
    "That's me." I mumble, feeling dumb about the nickname.
    "What do you have there?" He's continuing the conversation on his own, it's almost like he wants to talk to me. There's no way, I'm literally trash for him, well he doesn't know that, because he doesn't know you, and he won't know you.
    "Ummm- That's a good question actually, I guess we can call them cookies." I nervously laugh as he walks closer, he's coming into my yard, strolling into my yard like he did my fucking heart five years ago. SHUT UP BRAIN, SHUT THE FUCK UP. He opens his hands, silently asking for the tupperware and I hand it over. Take those cookies, or you can take me right here, NO LUCY, NORMAL GUY. I keep reminding myself. He opens the container and he raises an eyebrow, then looks at me. "Don't judge a book by it's cover!" I laugh and he takes one of the creations between his fingers and takes a bite and I watch his lips and I swear my mouth starts to water, BITCH LOOK AWAY. I look down, and away quickly.
    "Not bad Lucky, you made them?" He asks, the tupperware still in his hand, his hair falling down over his shoulders, like a waterfall, I want to touch it, god I want to touch his hair.
    "Me and my brother." I tell him and he nods, enjoying the rest of the snack, little does he know he's the real snack here. Fuck, my brain is broken, it's fucking broken and nothing can change my mind. "Keep them, I'm going to go inside." I smile, walking towards the front door of my home, wishing I could run as quick as I can and put more and more distance between the two of us, being obsessed with him was so much better when he wasn't real, well he was always real but like, he wasn't yah know? UGH.
    "Thank you." He smiles and closes the lid, still standing where I left him. I just smile and he takes another long look, that fucking smirk I swear to god if we're going to have conversations at all he's going to have to stop that shit right now. "I'll see you Lucky." He mutters, walking back into his own yard.
    "Have a good night." I turn back and go inside, letting out every bit of air I have, feeling like I might collapse on the floor.
    "BITCH YOU JUST HAD A WHOLE ASS CONVERSATION WITH HIM." I jump at the sound of Cora, and notice her sitting at the front window, where she must have been watching us talk.
    "Well it definitely wasn't half of one." I mumble and walk into our living room. "Could you tell I was about to piss myself the whole time? Could you see my fucking heart beating out of my chest?" I ask, knowing she must have watched the whole thing.
    "No! I'm proud of you, you seemed normal, like he probably has no clue you're a complete psychopath!" She cheers and I give her a face of disbelief, feeling a bit offended.
    "I'm not a psychopath, you bitch. I'm just passionate about my neighbor and his well being." I argue.
    "You know his blood type and his dick size without having seen his actual penis, you're a psychopath." She puts her hand on my shoulder as a sign of comfort and I push her off of me.
    "Okay fuck you, it doesn't matter, what matters is that he wanted to fucking talk to me Cora, but he knows too much, we can't talk anymore, I'll never leave the house again, I don't care." I make my decision right then and there, no more contact, that was perfect, it was everything I could have wanted in a conversation with him, and I can't ruin it, I can't mess it up, because when he finds out who I am, and what I do at least I'll have that memory right?
    "Yea, we'll see how that goes." She pushes herself off the couch and walks up the stairs, leaving me alone in the dimly lit living room.
                -------------------------------------------