- bloody cherry.

(A/N: yee boi another good kush because I can-

Anyways, I had fun writing this, enjoy the chapter.)

"You'll be back here tomorrow, right?" He questioned, with a look full of worry, and head slightly tilted to the side.

"I... I guess I will." I answered, letting a small cherry blossom petal fall on my hand. One that fell from above, from the tree.

We were situated under the tree. A tree that Izuku and I had gone to play at alot and had it as a 'hangout' spot. Sometimes he or I would bring friends over. Sometimes it's otherwise.

We used this spot and had so many memories with it, too. It was nice, honestly.

I promised Izu that I'd be here whenever he's feeling down, and to text me to meet him.

I'd be here to comfort him and be that therapist that he never asked for, but was thankful to have, hopefully. Other times where he would text me, but not because he needed my comfort and 'therapy'. Sometimes he would get lonely and ask to hang out.

We were teens now. And we were sitting under the special tree's shade, the comfort of it being colder than out in the sun. As cool breezes occasionally blew through, ruffling my hair.

Izuku cold hand overlapped my own. He looked at me, with a big ol' closed eye smile.

I looked at our hands, quietly sighing, before looking at him, sadly. I quickly look away, as I drift into my own thoughts.

I wasn't ready to let go...

I'm sorry...

I can't look at him. Without acknowledging the stains of red on his shirt. Or without looking at the stab wounds, the blood...

It's hard to look at Izu this way. This... faded version of the boy– or man, that I once knew and loved. More than friends.

It hurt, actually.

It's horrible. A bad feeling. That I should've been there, that I'm reminded of my mistake. Every time.

The ambulance should've been there. And they were.. But got there too late.. I don't know how to feel. If I should feel angry at them, or mad at myself that I couldn't help Izu at all.

Even though it wasn't their fault. I could see and pick out some reason or way why it could be. They should've a little bit more faster vehicles and less dumb people to know that it's important to quickly move. Less dumb people to know a life was at stake. To go slow and take your sweet time waiting and driving when it's almost too late. When they're already dead.

...aren't lives important to them?

....or do they simply not care, at all?

...Unfortunate. I can't have these thoughts if I want to become a hero. I must press on. Power-move, like my brother always said. I keep having these thoughts, and it may be driving me crazy. Or insane.

I wasn't sure if this is life's way of getting some kind of revenge. Or that it was just being cruel for the sake of being cruel.

I can't let go.

It doesn't help that some of my friends talk about him, too. It was nice that they worried.

It was starting to get a little later in the day, and it was almost time to say goodbye.

Almost. Though, I decided to go back home early, so I got up and looked back under the tree.

...To see nobody there.

I sighed. I swear, my quirk will be the death of me. To be able to see ghosts isn't pleasant at all.

I walked in the quiet streets, where cars would not so often pass by me. My apartment was a short way from there, anyway, and it was an easy walk! Fun.

The moment I unlocked the apartment door and went inside, taking off my shoes and leaving them by the door, on a mat. I'd atleast try occupying myself and my mind so I wouldn't think about my best friend too much.

'I never got to tell him my feelings...'

(A/N: hate to say this was sort of a vent. why am i so depressed all of a sudden lmaooo

I hope you enjoyed the small story, tho!! also i picked the song because ithought itd fit, and it had a bit of a ghostly feel to me. plus the lyrics were kind of fitting.

next one will be happier. PROMISE!!!!)

word count: 685+ (minus author notes)

time taken: 2 days