- is this goodbye?

prompt/idea | a surprise for the reader!
(if i get it wrong then it's probably because i used the knowledge of what im writing from fanfics)
lowercase intended!

i. a happy day.

for backstory / you're shopping at hot topic of whatever your favorite shop is. you're looking around when you see izuku right outside of the shop.

"izuku!!" i ran to him. "i didn't know you'd be here!"

izuku was startled, but recognized your voice immediately.

"o-oh! he-hey!" he awkwardly patted my back.

we caught up with what happened, and how he got here. or why he was here. how his day was.

random stuff, right?

we were separated back when, but when i met him at middle school, we started hanging out a whole lot more.

but...

i always had butterflies when im around him.

i don't know why.

but all i know

is that it started when we were 13.

ii. drowsiness and pain.

/ except... it's not drowsiness. just pure pain.

i realized izuku doesn't like me.

and that's when the symptoms came.

i ran into the bathroom at the party, locking the door.

i assumes what felt was 20 minutes somebody loudly banged in the door.

"i'm having my period!" i'd yell out, before going back to be as quiet as possible when i coughed flowers in the toilet.

me being quiet...? it wasn't working.

fuck.

what's wrong with me...?

iii. masks and preparation.

/ a week later...

i pulled on my medical mask. obviously not helping that im also sick aswell.

i make sure i look alright in my school uniform. i pack two small trash bags in case i need to cough flowers again.

i check everything, and make sure i had everything before heading out, locking my house door.

here's to U.A. from the comfort of my home's blankets.

iv. ' another coughing fit... '

after hearing the news of izuku and ochaco's new relationship.

i was happy! i really was!

just not really excited, my heart was in pain, my lungs hurt when i simply was doing the normal bodily function, which was, bre—

i coughed, and gagged red roses.

or flowers.

perhaps the flowers were painted red because of the blood.

i don't know

just... please make the pain stop.

v. ' im sorry, izuku.. '

/ a few weeks later...

i was on my death bed.

"—that i cant— put every one of m—y— my thoughts into words right— right now." my voice was hoarse. breaking at some parts to cough into my very bloody hand.

i bet it looked really bad right now. me, bloody mouth, a bloody hand, and half-closed eyes. barely holding on. i felt awful, i felt pain in my lungs. it hurt to breathe.

my vision was doing it's best, even through my eyelashes.

"ta-take the s-surgery! or-or- please, tell me who you like- i'll— i'll do something! pl-please! i don't want you to go!"

i hear the hospital monitor.

i... i hear the hos— the heartbeat monitor.

"i can—" i used some of my strength to lift my hand to caress his freckled cheek.

i think it's only fair
there's gotta be some butterflies somewhere
wanna share?
'cause i like you
but that's not enough
so if you will,
please fall in love with—

"i..t's...y-ou, d..dear.."

—me.

3rd person | narrator's pov

izuku froze in place. his eyes losing that unique shine. tears were still coming out his eyes.

he simply stared. stared at his childhood friend's face. pale, and the glazed over eyes.

"No... no, no, no, no... she can't be gone...!" His face contorted into sorrow again, starting to cry.

"you can't do this to me, (y/n).. this has to be some sick prank! this isn't f-funny!"

he was dragged away by doctors and nurses.

izuku let out a bloodcurdling scream.

and then doors close.